Best BBQ?

BBQ means different things to different people. What youre eating up there in Charlotte is completely different than what you'd eat if you drove 3 hours east. Eastern NC style BBQ is a completely different animal. My wife is a yankee and it took her years to develop a taste for it.

I grew up in the south, and I've been in Memphis for 4 years now. My opinions on Memphis BBQ below.

The best pulled pork is at Central BBQ, BBQ Shop, or Interstate BBQ.
The best ribs I've had were at the Commissary. All around favorite BBQ is Commissary.

Rendevous downtown is the hip place all over TV. The food is decent, and the atmosphere is pretty cool. The wait is crazy, and it's not the best BBQ by any means...

-Will

I grew up in the south, and I've been in Memphis for 4 years now. My opinions on Memphis BBQ below.

The best pulled pork is at Central BBQ, BBQ Shop, or Interstate BBQ.
The best ribs I've had were at the Commissary. All around favorite BBQ is Commissary.

Rendevous downtown is the hip place all over TV. The food is decent, and the atmosphere is pretty cool. The wait is crazy, and it's not the best BBQ by any means...

-Will
Will,
What about the original Corky's?
That is some BADD@$$ BBQ as well . . . . . at least I think it is . . . lol

Corkys is ok, it's just not my favorite. We eat at the one out in Cordova every now and then.

-Will

scranton sc , school house bbq .... it was a really old school at 1 time .... big buffet an u can make the bbq as hot as u want

ok is it vinigar or mustard base ? I hate mustard ...and yes i do make my own bbq sauce people in cali think bbq is anything u grill lol in the south bbq is pork with bbq sauce on a grill

ok is it vinigar or mustard base ? I hate mustard ...and yes i do make my own bbq sauce people in cali think bbq is anything u grill lol in the south bbq is pork with bbq sauce on a grill
You really need to come down to Texas Scott.;) Tomato based with plenty of spices that will make the top of your head sweat as well as make you want more.:D If you decide to make it on the power tour I'll make sure you and at least 1 other member make it home with some mesquite wood for cooking some really good BBQ.:p Make sure that Shane's got access to the cooking though.:)

ive been to http://huntingwithjeff.com/ i call it hunting without jeff ... bout like shooting pet animals ... i asked our mexican guide what their names are ..... i showed them how to make a jagger drink an shoot hawgs lol

i shot a javealine aka south american pig with huge tusk
Try a Russian boar/razorback mix Scott and then we can compair notes.o_O Some idiot opened a "hunters paradise" NW of me and added some Russian boars and suprise, suprise, they got out.:mad: They've started breeding with the local fereal pigs and it aint good to say the least. In the last year 5 hunters have gone missing and all that's been found are the soles of their boots and the rifles they were using.:oops:

Try a Russian boar/razorback mix Scott and then we can compair notes.o_O Some idiot opened a "hunters paradise" NW of me and added some Russian boars and suprise, suprise, they got out.:mad: They've started breeding with the local fereal pigs and it aint good to say the least. In the last year 5 hunters have gone missing and all that's been found are the soles of their boots and the rifles they were using.:oops:
otes takin over here to both non native

we got wild russian boars here an coyotes here out the wazoo ..... my brother bid on the texas hunt on a ducks unlimited event only reson i went ... maxed out the new camaro v6 118 nice paddle shifters bad blind spots even compared to my vert ... my brother said small wild pig taste really good! when preped right .. DAD owns 63 acers on the river hawgs all on the other side i cant find a trace here but small bears and panther tracks .. but acording to the rest of the world no panthers around here but ive seen many on other people trail cams taking deer off the corn pile

Corkys is ok, it's just not my favorite. We eat at the one out in Cordova every now and then.

-Will
Hey Will.
We are in Memphis and atre at Interstate BBQ on 3rd last night.
I must say, it was pretty dang good . . . . but we liked Corky's better. Not sure why . . . myabe the sauce.

Anyway, we will be visiting Central BBQ today . . LOL
Monday we are traveling North . . maybe look for a BBQ place in St. Louis. :cool:

If you like sauce, you should have visited Central BBQ. They offer a plethora of sauces that all compliment their outstanding BBQ!

-Will

If you like sauce, you should have visited Central BBQ. They offer a plethora of sauces that all compliment their outstanding BBQ!

-Will
We visited that for lunch today. Very good BBQ!
For dinner, we were at Corky's. . . . . LOL!
Leaving around 2:00 pm Monday. If I knew you were reading, I would have loved to buy you a couple of beers! :cool:

Bring back a gallon of Sorghum molasis please Jerry. If you don't know what it is ask around and someone will point you in the right direction.;) Yes, they sell it in gallon containers. I'll call if you want to explain it.:)

Cooking among other things Jerryl. If you haven't tried it before you'd like it. Goes good in coffee, tea, mix it with butter (spread for toast and biscuts) and put it on bread. Tons of different uses and I've got about a half pint left.:( Granted it's lasted since 05 but I can't get it down here.:mad:

We visited that for lunch today. Very good BBQ!
For dinner, we were at Corky's. . . . . LOL!
Leaving around 2:00 pm Monday. If I knew you were reading, I would have loved to buy you a couple of beers! :cool:

Well damn, hate I missed ya. Glad you got a chance to check out Central. It's pretty good, and the multiple sauces are fun lol

-Will

ever tried BBQ shrimp ?
No sure if "I"have . . .
Here in TX, bacon wrapped deep fried shrimp is popular.
I may try that on the grill one of these days . . .
So many options, so little time . . . . :D

Went out and got a charcoal grill for some ribs.
Turned out pretty good for a first time.