Best Converter

Were you there....I'm sure your aware of Fiscus' boost controller issues. It shut the C02 off after the run started. So far it spools the 47-88 without using Lonnie's boost builder and showed 4% slip through the traps.

I'll have more data soon. Not from Fiscus but from 2 other cars that just swapped from Chance to PTC bolt togethers last week:eek:

I wasn't aware of any of Dave's issues, I was too busy helping Ted set both the et., mph record and winning the race.

How did Cal do this weekend?

What was the mph on the 4% slip? My converter shows very little slip while crusing down the street making very little power.:confused:

Guys can we please not make this another negative thread.
There are many ways to skin a cat, you don't have to copy it.
Meaning DLS, Neil Chance and BS3 works well, so does Anderson,
Classic Fast and ATI... Are you telling me if I had Duttweiler build me a motor, used a Motec and Protorque converter I could not run an 8.4-8.5???

Let's be proud friends and fans when people have success but lets not
elevate vendors or racers to Chuck Norris type status.

PS: back on subject I have had good luck with Neil Chance converters on Chris's car (after changing out some parts) and Art Carr stuff on my TSM Type Car. I am going to try a PTC on my street car and have a friend with a Protorque.

BTW: I am not stating that I could afford to build a TSO or any car at this point!
Sorry for any confusion! The kid is drinking $200 plus of formula every month!

BTW: I am not stating that I could afford to build a TSO or any car at this point!

John...I have 3 Boys drinking...Imagine that!!!

Lonnie, I sent you an email. Let me know when you have a chance.

With all the News, I will have to try out a ATI on the Buick.

John...I have 3 Boys drinking...Imagine that!!!

Lonnie, I sent you an email. Let me know when you have a chance.

With all the News, I will have to try out a ATI on the Buick.

You win, I will no longer complain.

I wasn't aware of any of Dave's issues, I was too busy helping Ted set both the et., mph record and winning the race.

How did Cal do this weekend?

What was the mph on the 4% slip? My converter shows very little slip while crusing down the street making very little power.:confused:

It showed 4% on the 161 pass.

All of them work well. PTC, Chance, ATI. Some times a company can't get it right or it takes several tries with certain combos.

Guys can we please not make this another negative thread.
There are many ways to skin a cat, you don't have to copy it.
Meaning DLS, Neil Chance and BS3 works well, so does Anderson,
Classic Fast and ATI... Are you telling me if I had Duttweiler build me a motor, used a Motec and Protorque converter I could not run an 8.4-8.5???

Let's be proud friends and fans when people have success but lets not
elevate vendors or racers to Chuck Norris type status.

>>> John,

Well said.......I for one as a member of Ted's crew this past weekend and still basking in the glow of his mighty accomplishments.......New TSO ET, New TSO MPH record, won the event.

You know what Rick Flair once said "To be the man, you have to beat the man" and seeing Ted's performance this weekend he is certainly THE MAN and has now forced me to step up my own program in the hope of competing with Ted next year......Thanks alot Ted:D

>>> John,

Well said.......I for one as a member of Ted's crew this past weekend and still basking in the glow of his mighty accomplishments.......New TSO ET, New TSO MPH record, won the event.

You know what Rick Flair once said "To be the man, you have to beat the man" and seeing Ted's performance this weekend he is certainly THE MAN and has not forced me to step up my own program in the hope of competing with Ted next year......Thanks alot Ted:D

Ted is the man, and I am very happy for him.
He has paid is dues for sure.
I think his car's performance speaks for it's self.
No need to bash others during Ted's Party.

>>> John,

You know what Rick Flair once said "To be the man, you have to beat the man" and seeing Ted's performance this weekend he is certainly THE MAN and has now forced me to step up my own program in the hope of competing with Ted next year......Thanks alot Ted:D

>>> Thanks for the kind words Rich, I don't think as myself as the man, I just went out there and did my best as well as the members on the crew did their best and we were able to put it all together. I look at it as a team effort and win, not a individual thing, kind of like what we see on NHRA.

Thanks for all your help this weekend and thanks for letting me sit by you at the dinner table at Woodys. :biggrin:

>>> Thanks for the kind words Rich, I don't think as myself as the man, I just went out there and did my best as well as the members on the crew did their best and we were able to put it all together. I look at it as a team effort and win, not a individual thing, kind of like what we see on NHRA.

Thanks for all your help this weekend and thanks for letting me sit by you at the dinner table at Woodys. :biggrin:

I will say it, to run those numbers with only a couple hits on the motor you are the man.
Your car performs very well and the team you are working with did excellent.
Congratulations, I lost your number or I would have called you and given my best wishes.
Look over your shoulder the whole TSO World is coming for you!

I feel your pain. My little girl, now 15 months, was drinking $220 of formula/month. Oh yeah no money and no time. Now back to the thread...

>>> Oh Ted you are welcome......was good to sit with Dave (I personally didn't find him one bit arrogant), yourself, Dad and Paul. In fact most of the conversation between Dave and I centered on the ecomony and where we both thought this mortgage crisis was going and how it would effect all of us. We may have spent 10 minutes on the cars but not more than that.

Anyway..........I would just like to announce that none of Ted's stellar performance could have been done without my help. I was the one who gave Ted a locking turbo 400 dipstick for his tranny. Needless to say without me Ted would not have been able to run and could have been seriously hurt running his car without a dipstick.

Now I do not want to take this thread in a different direction as to which locking tranny dipstick works best Moroso, Summit generic, Trans Pro........they all can get the job done, chose what is right for your combo and tune it well I say.

Congrats again Ted as part of me was in that car all weekend, so theoretically I am co-owner of all of Ted's records:biggrin:

I also think Ted could not have run those numbers without me. For if I had not been busy with my own car and decided to help him tune he would never have run as fast.... :eek:

I too think the dipstick played a part. It's the little details that you are good at Richie. When I ran my first 9 to bring the Central Jersey ET record back to Rich's Custom Auto it was you and your wizardry with the screwdriver setting my idle that did the trick. I'm sure I speak for Ted when I say we are both in your debt!

Art.

Anyway..........I would just like to announce that none of Ted's stellar performance could have been done without my help. I was the one who gave Ted a locking turbo 400 dipstick for his tranny. Needless to say without me Ted would not have been able to run and could have been seriously hurt running his car without a dipstick.

:

Rich,

I agree 100% any chance you have a few more locking dipsticks.:biggrin:

Rich,

I should also make a public announcement that that locking dipstick was given to me free of charge. Rich is really part of the team because keeping tabs on who owes who what really distracts from what we are trying to get done, so I think that is really why he just gave it to me. He also paid the shipping to my house and let me pick through several locking dipsticks and take the best one. Never complained about the shipping $$ and when I asked him a Norwalk how much $$ I owed him he said "Don't worry about it" then gave me a free beer to boot.

Art, although I am very lucky that my Buick didn't break, I assume the luck was extended through the handshake when I arrived and the lucky Chevy thing that has worked so well for you may have confused itself into this Buick. :biggrin:

I would also like to say thank you Rich for doing all the math when the dinner bill came. $276.85 was a pretty big number to work with and he made sure the math was correct, then collected the money and refunded the money to whoever paid him too much. I know one who would have pocketed the money but not Rich.

Rich,

I agree 100% any chance you have a few more locking dipsticks.:biggrin:

>>> Dave,

Yes I have a few more locking dipsticks, love give you one to put on your 8 sec TSM car. Let me know and I will get it out to you.

Again......although we spoke alot about it at dinner I think this mortgage crisis will pass and we'll be ok, I know that is contrary to your position at dinner......sorry to get off topic.

>>> Dave,

Yes I have a few more locking dipsticks, love give you one to put on your 8 sec TSM car. Let me know and I will get it out to you.

Again......although we spoke alot about it at dinner I think this mortgage crisis will pass and we'll be ok, I know that is contrary to your position at dinner......sorry to get off topic.

Rich,

I would install that on my car with pride, another part from Rich's Auto making history! Rich's Custom Auto/ "Bad To The Bone"

With all of the Venture Capitalists throwing money toward upstart companys I see higher interest rates and more toys for sale.

When you have the points championship in the bag it's time to start testing for next year;) When you work like Fiscus does you don't get a chance to test until race day....it bit him the last two races.