Best Converter

Avon went 5.53 at 129.8 with a $990 POS ATI converter. I guess they will work? I went 5.25 at 136 with nearly the same $990 unit 12 years ago, maybe they are not that bad after all:confused:
From the info I have I would have to say the quickest cars use ATI followed by Chance and running a close 3rd would be PTC.

With all the News that has been tossed here on this thread, I have to say that choosing a Converter is making things easier for me.
I am beginning to understand that Chance seems to make excellent Converters for Cars running Big Nitrous...!!

Congrats to the New Record breakers.
And I think I have also decided to add a 2 Stage NOS on the BBC
Thanks Don..........:D

Joe

C'Mon Otto, you have an F body, I have an F body...... I thought we were "boyz"?????:biggrin:

I meant my old car,I forgot i sold it!:D

But im "Boyz" with everyone,No more bickering about stupid ****!Life to short to be a dick
On the other hand I went to see Halloween tonight,****ing *******s in the theater have no respect

I'd like to give a big thanks to Dusty for his help on the convertor. Also to Billy-T for being kind enough to let me borrow his new PTC convertor before he even had a chance to try it! RPE built one heck of an engine and Cal put the tune on it as always.
Anyway the car ran great and I drove it in the trailer at the end of the day (which is a victory in itself). I'm VERY happy with the convertor test and would definately recomend giving Dusty a call.

Dave Fiscus

>>> Dave,

First off congrats man way to go:biggrin:

Secondly, my ONE dollar is in the mail to you for our head to head at Cecil barring I didn't hurt anything this weekend, TBD.

Congrats again.

I can relate, I tried direct with Marty years ago and I ended up returning the converter for a full refund after 3 tries.

Great job with Daves converter and thanks for sharing the info.

I am not involved in all this converter stuff. (and do not care to be)
But after hearing about the dimemas surrounding your car I would love to hear what times you ran.Now that the event is over maybe we could share?
Inquiring minds want to know!:cool:

Thanks, Brian

I saw a BradCo converter next to a Chance this weekend (not the HIGH $ Chance) but that BradCo converter looked like an awesome piece. My chassis guy want touch anything but ATI stuff. Guess alot of this is personal preference....

No sh!t talking Cal, just facts based off of last weeks shakedown.:eek:

Appears we found a soft spot.:D

With all the News that has been tossed here on this thread, I have to say that choosing a Converter is making things easier for me.
I am beginning to understand that Chance seems to make excellent Converters for Cars running Big Nitrous...!!

Congrats to the New Record breakers.
And I think I have also decided to add a 2 Stage NOS on the BBC
Thanks Don..........:D

Joe
Welcome to the club elite. Man, you are going to love it. Let me know how it turns out. I'm excited for you.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not an expert on the use of nitrous with turbocharging, but I've had some very good luck with it and I would be more than happy to pass on my experience and knowledge to you to help the cause. Man. You will not want to go back after you've experienced it. Happy for you.

Welcome to the club elite. Man, you are going to love it. Let me know how it turns out. I'm excited for you.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not an expert on the use of nitrous with turbocharging, but I've had some very good luck with it and I would be more than happy to pass on my experience and knowledge to you to help the cause. Man. You will not want to go back after you've experienced it. Happy for you.

Don
I am looking at the Wilson Systems. Their Kits look pretty Hi Tech stuff.
First SHot 200 HP second shot of 400 HP = 600 outch.
What Good Kits are out there. I only rmember the original NOS!!:biggrin:

Don
I am looking at the Wilson Systems. Their Kits look pretty Hi Tech stuff.
First SHot 200 HP second shot of 400 HP = 600 outch.
What Good Kits are out there. I only rmember the original NOS!!:biggrin:

I've been looking to step up to the next level of nitrous control and have been studying the WON (wizards of nitrous) systems. If you want cutting edge stuff, check them out. They have a very informative BB too.

I plumbed a two stage NX 1,000 HP system (500 HP per system) for a N/A BB Ford fello recently. The setup looked absolutely wicked. I have some pics of it. I can post one if you're interested.

Ted,

Thanks for the video, after the weekend I had with car problems and computer problems (bad wireless router) it was nice to sign back on yesterday and get to enjoy your video.

Still shaking my head. Cecil will be fun for sure.

Lonnie,
Let me know, too. If not, I won't bother overnighting some things to Dave.

Oh yeah, congratulation's again Dave. You've had one of the most consistant TSO cars out there. Based on the $h!t talking, it sounds like you're gonna have to turn it up a little more!

send the stuff