Best Converter

Talked to Fiscus after his first pass,
He shifted at 7700 and it dropped to 6250 or so
he went thru the lights at 6700 at 158MPH
His previous convertor(Neil Chance)
he was going thru the lights at 7700 at 157MPH:eek:

One thing for sure it much nicer to only have to turn your motor 1000 rpm less to acheive the same MPH
Way less wear and tear.

New update last pass 8.69@161.6 with a 1.37 60 foot
33 MPH out the back!!!!:eek:
1/8 5.65@128.69:cool:

RPE ENGINES,PTC CONVERTORS,and F.A.S.T XFI, What a combo!!!!

And that wasn't in BG air!

1/8 5.65@128.69

That's haulin the mail. Congrats Dave. :cool:

Otto, was his Chance converter spec'd out for his current combo? Did he get it from Dan?

At this point i would have to say his Chance must not have been spec'ed out correctly.I also do not know if or how many times it may have been adjusted to get it right.
I am sure the Chance could have been adjusted to give the same results.
Both convertors have show the 161+MPH capabilty but at different RPMs(SLIP)

I doubt it was spec'ed by Dan but I am not sure.

Congrats to you also Ted,Rumor has it you put down some big power!
I never doubted your abilty.Good luck next week!

On a side note,These runs also help to prove that a spragless convertor can run with the sprag type unit.
Slip on this setup adding 1" for tire growth shows an astounding 4.57%!!!
(I used the calculations on the 158 pass for this as I do not have the exact datalogged RPM for the 161.6 run)

Fiscus just called me at work with the good news.

Ted, This was bought directly from Chance and was the 2nd or 3rd try. When Chance sent it back this time Dave was told it's as good as it's gonna get. I'm not sure what they are doing as far as adjustments but clearly they could be doing something different. Strezo obviously knows what to spec, I have no idea why Chance is so far off in Dave's case after a few tries.

The set-up is a little tight for Dave's car currently as it comes up on boost slowly. I think what's interesting is that I can go 200-300 looser on the bottom to get it to spool like the Chance and still be more efficient. I feel pretty good that it will spool a Stage 2 headed GT47-88 combo with no VSC. Now Dave will make up his mind if he wants to try a slightly looser version or the VSC. He needs more track time to see how it responds to more boost. If it continues to drop less rpm with more power I'll now the converter is right and he'll need VSC to help spool for pro tree competition.

Fiscus just called me at work with the good news.

Ted, This was bought directly from Chance and was the 2nd or 3rd try. When Chance sent it back this time Dave was told it's as good as it's gonna get. I'm not sure what they are doing as far as adjustments but clearly they could be doing something different. Strezo obviously knows what to spec, I have no idea why Chance is so far off in Dave's case after a few tries.

The set-up is a little tight for Dave's car currently as it comes up on boost slowly. I think what's interesting is that I can go 200-300 looser on the bottom to get it to spool like the Chance and still be more efficient. I feel pretty good that it will spool a Stage 2 headed GT47-88 combo with no VSC. Now Dave will make up his mind if he wants to try a slightly looser version or the VSC. He needs more track time to see how it responds to more boost. If it continues to drop less rpm with more power I'll now the converter is right and he'll need VSC to help spool for pro tree competition.

I can relate, I tried direct with Marty years ago and I ended up returning the converter for a full refund after 3 tries.

Great job with Daves converter and thanks for sharing the info.

Man Congratulations to Ted and Dave F.
It seems there are a lot a great running Buicks these days.

One thing for sure it much nicer to only have to turn your motor 1000 rpm less to acheive the same MPH
Way less wear and tear.

Very interesting. That rpm drop is very similar to what I'm seeing with my T/C. What was the rpm drop during shifts with his NC?

Way less wear and tear.

Those are some nice numbers. Is he going to play with rear gearing at all since he got the big drop in rpm and extra mph. Looks like he can run at at least 10% more and pick up even more down low and couple even better up top.

RPE ENGINES,PTC CONVERTORS,and F.A.S.T XFI, What a combo!!!!;)

Ptc's In Different Trans?

All this talk is with a TH400 trans but how does the PTC work with a 2004R trans?
The reason I ask is that I know an ATI converter works well with a 400 but the ATI's I have tried for the 2004R were not worth a $hit (TON OF SLIP) but they looked like a work of art. Same Company converters but different trans made a night and day difference.

Very interesting. That rpm drop is very similar to what I'm seeing with my T/C. What was the rpm drop during shifts with his NC?

In fact, I'm seeing anything from a 1400+ to 1600+ rpm drop depending on what gear. Just curious to see how far off his setup was.

All this talk is with a TH400 trans but how does the PTC work with a 2004R trans?
The reason I ask is that I know an ATI converter works well with a 400 but the ATI's I have tried for the 2004R were not worth a $hit (TON OF SLIP) but they looked like a work of art. Same Company converters but different trans made a night and day difference.

We offer the same exact 9.5 non lock converter for the serious 2004r guys as well. Only difference between the two is the splines;)

That's it??? better turn it up.:eek:

I'd like to give a big thanks to Dusty for his help on the convertor. Also to Billy-T for being kind enough to let me borrow his new PTC convertor before he even had a chance to try it! RPE built one heck of an engine and Cal put the tune on it as always.
Anyway the car ran great and I drove it in the trailer at the end of the day (which is a victory in itself). I'm VERY happy with the convertor test and would definately recomend giving Dusty a call.

Dave Fiscus

The set-up is a little tight for Dave's car currently as it comes up on boost slowly. I think what's interesting is that I can go 200-300 looser on the bottom to get it to spool like the Chance and still be more efficient.I feel pretty good that it will spool a Stage 2 headed GT47-88 combo with no VSC. Now Dave will make up his mind if he wants to try a slightly looser version or the VSC.

Dave does not have a VSC (FB pat# thing again). The boost builder will build boost much faster than 500 on the converter will and he will give up nothing to when he uses it. Guess we will see next weekend. Dave is rockin spragless converter and spragless TH-400. Still think a diode will trim another 1-2% off that slip.

Dave does not have a VSC (FB pat# thing again). The boost builder will build boost much faster than 500 on the converter will and he will give up nothing to when he uses it. Guess we will see next weekend. Dave is rockin spragless converter and spragless TH-400. Still think a diode will trim another 1-2% off that slip.

Nice trans in there also done by Lonnie,Its holding up great

Gotcha Lonnie. I didn't know what else to call it:cool:

You think you'll have time to get it going for the race next weekend? If not I have to get him a looser converter in a couple days.

Lonnie,
Let me know, too. If not, I won't bother overnighting some things to Dave.

Oh yeah, congratulation's again Dave. You've had one of the most consistant TSO cars out there. Based on the $h!t talking, it sounds like you're gonna have to turn it up a little more!

Congratulations Dave, your car has been one of the most consistant, WAAAY better than some of the cars I have in mind:rolleyes: