You can type here any text you want

Best Converter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Bought converters from Kenny at PTC years ago. Good people to deal with they just could not get it them right for me. Looks like they are doing a little better now. Did not know they were building hand built steel stators. Guess they have stepped up the program. I am buying custom made Bradco units looking for cheep converter. Since no one has asked. How much are these converters? Do they have billet back or ring mount? Warranty? If they miss the stall how much to re-stall? Diode or solid hub?

PM me if you want Lonnie.

Not sure which converter you are talking about. There's a big difference in the street type converter and the internals of a race unit like the 9.5.

Once my vendor status is clear, I'll post an entire price list.

They do not ring mount, steel backed with lugs for the small bolt pattern. 90 day warranty with a free stall change...but I haven't missed a stall yet;) Spragless with an option for diode or Borg Warner sprag.

Okay, I thought I understood converters but what is a diode, what does the sprag do in a converter, and why would you choose one or the other?

>>> Dave,

I just heard.......man o man.

It was great! brought tears to my eyes, all of Teds hard work after getting screwed over by vendors paid off.

DLS Engine, Big Stuff 3 and Neil Chance Converters what a combo!:biggrin:

It was great! brought tears to my eyes, all of Teds hard work after getting screwed over by vendors paid off.

New record?

Video??;)

I told Ted with the combo he has 8.57 will be easy to topple. Man am I looking forward to cecil county it will be an easy 8.50 for Ted. Avon clicked multiple 8.50s last year there with his 88 turbo

sackrider.gif

>>> You can say that again Dave........still amazed.

If the car ran so great why is it being kept a secret??:confused: Guess Ted plans on taking it out on the mean streets of Michigan and making some $$$ with it!:eek:

Either that or the "Don" Dave Bamford swore him to a Mafia code of secrecy known as 'omerta';)

If the car ran so great why is it being kept a secret??:confused: Guess Ted plans on taking it out on the mean streets of Michigan and making some $$$ with it!:eek:

Either that or the "Don" Dave Bamford swore him to a Mafia code of secrecy known as 'omerta';)

No I believe thats OSABO

What does this prove about the ptc converters, there not as good as Neal chance since Ted ran good numbers?????

What does this prove about the ptc converters, there not as good as Neal chance since Ted ran good numbers?????

Until a PTC is put on a TSO combo it proves nothing more than Dan hit the converter for the new combo. I'd say he put his homework in on the Chance stuff.

It looks like Dusty is doing his homework on PTC and is going to be a vendor on board here soon.

I don't care to participate in a mudslinging contest between the two companies.

Until a PTC is put on a TSO combo it proves nothing more than Dan hit the converter for the new combo. I'd say he put his homework in on the Chance stuff.

It looks like Dusty is doing his homework on PTC and is going to be a vendor on board here soon.

So what did it run? Let the secret out man.. :D

What was the slip on Ted's run with the new NC converter? Ive seen what a PTC does in a TSO legal car.

Congrats on the pass Ted. I look forward to hearing the #'s when they go public. I still have no idea what your new combo is.

You are correct. Dan knows the Chance and what combo works with each type car. No reason to sling mud. They are both good converters and depending on which converter a person may choose. They have people on this board who know what to spec so they stand the best chance of getting it right the first time.

Back