Best Converter

How did Cal do this weekend?

I took a look at the logs after the last pass. 7350 rpm and 147mph:eek: You have any suggestions????? I hate to point fingers at his $3500 aluminum torque converter. If it's expensive, it has to be the best out there:rolleyes:

Converters

I took a look at the logs after the last pass. 7350 rpm and 147mph:eek: You have any suggestions????? I hate to point fingers at his $3500 aluminum torque converter. If it's expensive, it has to be the best out there:rolleyes:

It might be a issue with the converter. I can tell you first hand that depending on who you deal with plays a big roll in what you end up getting.

Was the converter the same one used on the V6?

It might be a issue with the converter. I can tell you first hand that depending on who you deal with plays a big roll in what you end up getting.

Was the converter the same one used on the V6?

Yes, same converter. Just shows the potential of the motor if it's blowing through the converter at 15# of boost.

I'm partial to ATI, look wah tLynch and Petty did this weekend with an ATI Glide and converter. I am SURE all the converter guys in this thread make a good product but the bottom line is that you cant argure with success (proof).

I'm partial to ATI, look wah tLynch and Petty did this weekend with an ATI Glide and converter. I am SURE all the converter guys in this thread make a good product but the bottom line is that you cant argure with success (proof).

I could not agree more. That is why I went with an ATI.
Isn't the PTC Spagless?
If so. Read up what ATI says about Spragless Converters..

I could not agree more. That is why I went with an ATI.
Isn't the PTC Spagless?
If so. Read up what ATI says about Spragless Converters..

Read up on what the spragless companies say about sprags....it's called advertising;) Nothing wrong with either design. PTC will install a sprag or diode depending on what the customer wants. 90% don't need a sprag, plain and simple.

I didn't know Petty swapped to ATI this year. He has been using Neal Transmissions and Chance converters in Tim's car for a while but he uses a variety depending on what works. Last time I was at PTC he called and ordered a 9.5 from them for a customer's car. He knows what works in a wide range of applications and chooses the best route.

Caldwell Construction "Outlaw 10.5" Presented by Big Stuff 3 Drivers Information:
1 :Tim Lynch 6.791 @ 207 : 2002 Cobra, Proline Racing Engine 640 BBF, Twin Turbo, Glide - Wires and Pliers, RIP, Michael Browne, Pro Line Race Engines, Precision Turbo, Big Stuff 3, UPR Products.com, ATI Performance Products, Mickey Thompson, Aerospace Components, AJE Racing, Neal Racing Transmissions, Neal Chance Converters, Brisk USA, Str8line Motorsports Apparel, Gary's Autobody

Bill and Dusty,

I am guessing that they are using an ATI Case and Balancer.
It looks like they are still using a Neal Transmissions and a Chance Converter.

Caldwell Construction "Outlaw 10.5" Presented by Big Stuff 3 Drivers Information:
1 :Tim Lynch 6.791 @ 207 : 2002 Cobra, Proline Racing Engine 640 BBF, Twin Turbo, Glide - Wires and Pliers, RIP, Michael Browne, Pro Line Race Engines, Precision Turbo, Big Stuff 3, UPR Products.com, ATI Performance Products, Mickey Thompson, Aerospace Components, AJE Racing, Neal Racing Transmissions, Neal Chance Converters, Brisk USA, Str8line Motorsports Apparel, Gary's Autobody

Bill and Dusty,

I am guessing that they are using an ATI Case and Balancer.
It looks like they are still using a Neal Transmissions and a Chance Converter.

John,
They are using an ATI glide and converter on lease. That is what they had in the car this past weekend. They set the record on the Chance set-up last year and set it again with the ATI stuff this year. I dont want to get into the mud slinging but it is what it is....:biggrin:

John,
They are using an ATI glide and converter on lease. That is what they had in the car this past weekend. They set the record on the Chance set-up last year and set it again with the ATI stuff this year. I dont want to get into the mud slinging but it is what it is....:biggrin:

Wow, setting records and winning races, can't argue with that!!!! :eek:

Wow, setting records and winning races, can't argue with that!!!! :eek:

I guess that only proves my point that there is many ways to get to the finish line first.
He went quicker and faster with the ATI than he did with the Chance.
We had a 180 on those results, the ATI did not work for us and the Chance did.
Blind brand/vendor nut hugging is as futile as religious debate.

Blind brand/vendor nut hugging is as futile as religious debate.

I couldn't agree more. What is important here is we have good vendors on this board to purchase a converter through with your brand of choice. I would buy through Bill if I was going to run ATI and DLS if I was going to buy a Chance converter, and Dusty no doubt for a PTC. :) :cool:

I couldn't agree more. What is important here is we have good vendors on this board to purchase a converter through with your brand of choice. I would buy through Bill if I was going to run ATI and DLS if I was going to buy a Chance converter, and Dusty no doubt for a PTC. :) :cool:

I nominate Ted for post of the week!

Didn't Dave Fiscus just run 8.34 @ 167 ..... on radials?

Shouldn't that reinforce that the PTC converters are a force to be feared....

I also think the 9.14 pass that Kerney made at Reynolds was done with a PTC converter.....

I could be mistaken though...

Took 1/2 hour to read through 10 pages of this thread (I really need to get mine back on the road.....)