Best GN Dash!

I would say so. The Dash is compatible with our 90ohm sending unit. On mine it reads 0-100 so it's a percentage based reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the dash. I think my car was the first one Nick did. Quality piece and looks great!

This is the second one we have installed in a GN, and by the time you just install the various gauges needed, it becomes aprice consideration to go the the DD dash.

View attachment 264576 View attachment 264577

Nick......regarding your statement above, are you saying that by the time you pay for the various gauges and pods and installation, the DD dash isn't a lot more $$ but offers a lot more in looks and functionality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing missing is a boost gauge… :(…but looks great! (y). I have one like that in my '71 Chevelle.

Claude. :)

There is an option available for the dash which will display boost.
Yeah but I think it's a small digital screen at the bottom of one of the big gauges…I think it would've been better to put the speedometer and tachometer a little more away from each other to make room for a real boost gauge between them… Personnally, I prefer analog gauges over digital ones when racing because with analog gauge (with needles), you don't have to actually "read" numbers. Just by seeing position of the needle gives you a quick idea of what's going on under the hood.
But I'm not saying I don't like the Dakota Digital unit, in fact I think it's one of the nicest out there…but it's just that it could be a little improvement or at least they could offer a boost gauge option in the future...

i like the 90's LeSabre dash better... yeah, it's more work, but they are all over in the junkyards so the actual parts are cheaper and they look more period correct... the trick is finding one with an odometer that reads less than 300,ooo miles since those cars run forever... i will eventually put one in my car, if i ever get around to working on my car again..

Yeah but I think it's a small digital screen at the bottom of one of the big gauges…I think it would've been better to put the speedometer and tachometer a little more away from each other to make room for a real boost gauge between them… Personnally, I prefer analog gauges over digital ones when racing because with analog gauge (with needles), you don't have to actually "read" numbers. Just by seeing position of the needle gives you a quick idea of what's going on under the hood.
But I'm not saying I don't like the Dakota Digital unit, in fact I think it's one of the nicest out there…but it's just that it could be a little improvement or at least they could offer a boost gauge option in the future...

You have to realize that is was not made for the GN's specifically.

image.jpeg

Previous owner of my el Camino had a DD dash put in. Pretty neat unit for sure. Not sure if it's the sending unit or bad ground or actual problem, but oil pressure drops waayyyy down. I'm thinking sending unit because I would hear valve train at 6psi.

Not trying to take this off topic! That GN dash looks great!!! I love it.