Best Street Setup

X2 on the TE-44 or look at one of the smaller Billet Wheel turbos.....I would upgrade to a 2800 stall to get the best spool up....You got the tools you need to tune so get it dialed in and I bet you can see some low 12's....Are you running a stock tranny??
Trans is stack at going to do trans stall and converter next winter. What is the x2?
49/44 turbo and a good converter and turn the boost up! With a good trans and tires of course.
So between the 44 49 and 60 turbos which is the quickest spool up and best for me? Is too big going to slow me down low end ? It will have a 28 or 32 stall

X2 on the TE-44 or look at one of the smaller Billet Wheel turbos.....I would upgrade to a 2800 stall to get the best spool up....You got the tools you need to tune so get it dialed in and I bet you can see some low 12's....Are you running a stock tranny??

Trans is stock with stock stall atm will upgrade trans , stall and whatever turbo best suits my application next winter

IMO If you want to keep it simple, install what you already have. Add an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and an adjustable wastegate actuator to the list. Get a test pipe if you don't already have one. Forget about changing the down pipe, and torque converter for now until you upgrade the turbo.
That's what I'm trying to do is the turbo trans and converter next winter just making sure what I have works and collect those other parts over the summer. Looking for the best parts to fit my app to collect

too big will kill the combo unless leaving off a trans brake or e brake at the track on slicks.with a good converter and small ex housing moving to a 49 turbo will get the spoolup close to the stocker with more pull in the upper range and no fall off with enough boost.your combo will live a long time in the high 11 sec range 114/116 mph with 1.5 60fts.

too big will kill the combo unless leaving off a trans brake or e brake at the track on slicks.with a good converter and small ex housing moving to a 49 turbo will get the spoolup close to the stocker with more pull in the upper range and no fall off with enough boost.your combo will live a long time in the high 11 sec range 114/116 mph with 1.5 60fts.
Sounds good that's what I'm shooting for. What are you meaning by a small ex housing? It will never be a track car or have slicks just want a good street car more low end I can add the better. Thanks for input.

turbine wheel is in the ex housing,the smaller the hole the less exhaust you need to spin the turbine=faster spoolup.a garret or turbonetics .63 is smaller the a pte .63.

Are you going to stay with street tires or are you willing to spend the mullah on drag radials??

I only ask because if you aren't willing to spend the money on sticky tires you will just be spinning your wheels, LITERALLY!!

I know I can't run street tires except for mundane driving [commuting] because the turbo will shred the tires when on the boost even at 60MPH trying to pass someone. It was even worse when I had the TE63 on there.

It might seem cool but going sideways at that speed is only good for showing off and if you can't drive, totaling your car could become a reality.

I spend $1,500.00 a year on tires and I only get about 3000 miles out of each set if I'm not aggressive on them with minimal burnouts.

On the street even with the D/Rs they will spin through first and most of second gear if at full boost.

I'm telling you this so you can build your car with all aspects of what your build could be and driving conditions that you may experience depending on how far you take this build.

Good luck with your goals and I hope you enjoy your car that much more when you finish.

Sounds like your build will be similar to mine, I agree with having some sticky tires if your going to be in boost alot. I have street tires on mine right now and it gets hairy in some boost at 40 or 50 mph.
I have a PTE ta 49 housing on there also. I still have the stock turbo and smaller garrett housing. I was thinking if it was worth it to swap the exhaust housing, if there would be a big enough or not.

on a 27/28 inch drag radial and a competent driver wheelspin will not happen through 1st and 2nd gear.i have setup several stock motored small turbo 11 sec combos that dead hook on the street with smaller sized drag radials.

Are you going to stay with street tires or are you willing to spend the mullah on drag radials??

I only ask because if you aren't willing to spend the money on sticky tires you will just be spinning your wheels, LITERALLY!!

I know I can't run street tires except for mundane driving [commuting] because the turbo will shred the tires when on the boost even at 60MPH trying to pass someone. It was even worse when I had the TE63 on there.

It might seem cool but going sideways at that speed is only good for showing off and if you can't drive, totaling your car could become a reality.

I spend $1,500.00 a year on tires and I only get about 3000 miles out of each set if I'm not aggressive on them with minimal burnouts.

On the street even with the D/Rs they will spin through first and most of second gear if at full boost.

I'm telling you this so you can build your car with all aspects of what your build could be and driving conditions that you may experience depending on how far you take this build.

Good luck with your goals and I hope you enjoy your car that much more when you finish.
Its not the money for tires I spend plenty there i have the pro touring look with lower profile 17x8s and 17x9s and lowered.I'm very use to no traction with my other muscle cars and driving sideways is no problem, I understand I will have a traction issue but not after the drag radial look I do appreciate and taking all Info in memory and thank you all

Last edited:
on a 27/28 inch drag radial and a competent driver wheelspin will not happen through 1st and 2nd gear.i have setup several stock motored small turbo 11 sec combos that dead hook on the street with smaller sized drag radials.

I'm not incompetent by any stretch. Dead hooking on the street with 10lbs. of boost at the line ain't gonna happen in my car.

You're entitled to your opinion though.

You might need a faster car before you refute what someone posts.

I did not call you incompetent,but you don't seem understand about these combo's.why don't we see if I need a faster car,how fast is your buick?and what et has your car gone with you driving it?i will be forthcoming and tell you I have been running these cars for a long time and know how to hook a 9/10 sec gn on the street.

I did not call you incompetent,but you don't seem understand about these combo's.why don't we see if I need a faster car,how fast is your buick?and what et has your car gone with you driving it?i will be forthcoming and tell you I have been running these cars for a long time and know how to hook a 9/10 sec gn on the street.

I'm man enough to know that I don't know how to launch this car on the street to it's fullest potential and could use your knowledge to help me .

I have a mid 10 sec. car and the only way to launch it on the street is to run the pedal and not just floor it.

I may also need some suspension tuning also.

If you would like to help me send me a PM, I'm all ears and willing to learn.

Last edited:
I'm not incompetent by any stretch. Dead hooking on the street with 10lbs. of boost at the line ain't gonna happen in my car.

You're entitled to your opinion though.

You might need a faster car before you refute what someone posts.
I don't know where your going with that or what you could have taken wrong I didn't disrespect anything or anyone and I appreciate all the advise and inputs

I would like to hook up my mid 11 on the street. Sorry did not mean to steal the thread.

People im not asking anything to create conflicts just trying to make sure I pick the best combo possible for this car not sure who or why those last posts were intended for.

I'm in love with the current setup in my signature....drive it everyday and even with stock converter the car is just as responsive as the stock setup before it but with same power at 10 pounds that took the stocker 20 psi to feel like....