Best Street Setup

I say a ball bearing and properly matched converter/injectors,etc. Combo is everything! Just leave enough room to grow cause boost is addictive!

I'm happy with my journal bearing. Tires usually break loose at half throttle below 40 mph anyway. No need for a ball bearing on a street car imo.

Whichever turbo you choose just do it right the first time trust me it costs more up front but you'll save money in the long run, get a "dbb CEA" if you want the best spool up and most power pick up a front mount intercooler as well. As for tires everyone is saying you'll blow the tires off at a 40-60 mph roll which I don't believe but since your like me and don't want to run ugly drag radials look into the Toyo R888 tire, I'm running them on my car right now and after they warm up they hold up pretty well to my 18psi of boost.
Yeah I'm trying to get it right the first time I have too many cars to keep up on I like to do it once and I'm done just enjoy driving and i deffinatly want the quickest spool possibe Looks like you have a helluva car. Thanks

Yeah I'm trying to get it right the first time I have too many cars to keep up on I like to do it once and I'm done just enjoy driving and i deffinatly want the quickest spool possibe Looks like you have a helluva car. Thanks
Cornering is just as important as performance to me got to be the whole package

I'm happy with my journal bearing. Tires usually break loose at half throttle below 40 mph anyway. No need for a ball bearing on a street car imo.

I'm running journal 6262 as well...if this thing was ball bearing center I can't imagine the spool up...I would almost think it would be too small! Lol

How well does yours do on straight pump gas? What boost level can you get away with? Reason I ask is I figured 14-15 psi would have been reasonable but mine literally will not get away with anymore than 12 pounds without some audible transitional knock and a creeping knock sensor signal. Everything seems fine fuel delivery wise and car runs really really good for as low the boost is

I'm running journal 6262 as well...if this thing was ball bearing center I can't imagine the spool up...I would almost think it would be too small! Lol

How well does yours do on straight pump gas? What boost level can you get away with? Reason I ask is I figured 14-15 psi would have been reasonable but mine literally will not get away with anymore than 12 pounds without some audible transitional knock and a creeping knock sensor signal. Everything seems fine fuel delivery wise and car runs really really good for as low the boost is

Pull back the timing and try for more psi. It may not make a difference or it may wake it up. BHJ balancer by chance?

It does good I run premium here its 93 octane the car has a outdated chip in it forget which one my guage shows 18 to 22 boost guage came with car not sure if that's accurate going to replace it in spring just to be sure but the gauge rests the same as the factory digital until 15 when the factory bar is pegged

So ball bearing is going to spool faster?

I was thinking about doing that when I do get a scan master but the chip setting seems reasonable as it's only 21-22 degrees....I was going to try 18 and get 5 more psi through it if I could depending on how it responds

Stock balancer and I have ruled it out as phantom knock

I was thinking about doing that when I do get a scan master but the chip setting seems reasonable as it's only 21-22 degrees....I was going to try 18 and get 5 more psi through it if I could depending on how it responds

Stock balancer and I have ruled it out as phantom knock
Not sure what my ancient chip is set at I'm throwing this list at it soon as spring hits

It definitely makes a difference when the oil pressure at the feed line is restricted properly...I'd imagine a 300 rpm difference sooner
I don't even know what to look row there ..Are only the ball bearing ones restricted? Enlighten me here I'm cluless

Last edited:
I'm putting listed parts on this spring and Going to get a turbo ,converter and trans over the summer to install next winter

The factory oil feed is designed for a journal turbo...ball bearing center sections require much less oiling requirements and can be drowned in oil if not restricted...which slows spool and can push through the seals causing it to burn oil

Most journals require 20 to 70 psi operating range whereas bb works from 5 to 20

Consider also it's much cheaper to rebuild a journal seeing that you can't rebuild a ball bearing center...you have to exchange them usually and that cost about 700 bucks usually

Last edited:
The factory oil feed is designed for a journal turbo...ball bearing center sections require much less oiling requirements and can be drowned in oil if not restricted...which slows spool and can push through the seals causing it to burn oil

Most journals require 20 to 70 psi operating range whereas bb works from 5 to 20

Consider also it's much cheaper to rebuild a journal seeing that you can't rebuild a ball bearing center...you have to exchange them usually and that cost about 700 bucks usually
well if we were worried about spending a little extra money we have the wrong hobby seems to me the bb would have to last longer and you say it spools quicker so that's a win win no brainer to me

well if we were worried about spending a little extra money we have the wrong hobby seems to me the bb would have to last longer and you say it spools quicker so that's a win win no brainer to me
I understand that I'm just a do it yourself kinda guy and I can rebuild a journal for next to nothing and just get it rebalanced for around 200 bucks so that money could go elsewhere but that's up to you

I understand that I'm just a do it yourself kinda guy and I can rebuild a journal for next to nothing and just get it rebalanced for around 200 bucks so that money could go elsewhere but that's up to you
I do all my work on all my cars also...does the ball bearing spool quicker that's what I'm after so if it costs more that's the price I pay to achieve what I'm wanting