Best Street Setup

I'm in love with the current setup in my signature....drive it everyday and even with stock converter the car is just as responsive as the stock setup before it but with same power at 10 pounds that took the stocker 20 psi to feel like....
So are you saying you have a similar set up?

Aside from the roller cam it would be very similar for you if you went with a 6262 and proper fueling...it's unbelievable what this turbo acts like...I can shred the street tires if I want or literally just stomp the gas from a dead stop and have full power by 15 feet out and it's rolling....it's like a stock turbo spool wise with 600 hp capability with mid 20s for boost

I honestly don't feel I have a need for a converter...unless I was max effort chasing mid to low tens...for what you seem to be after just bolt a 6262 or even 6265 on it with good injectors and it'll be a little monster on the street without the need for big converter throttle bodies or intake...if I got a completely stock car given to me that was healthy I would bolt on a 62 with injectors and fuel pump and have a blast with it

Aside from the roller cam it would be very similar for you if you went with a 6262 and proper fueling...it's unbelievable what this turbo acts like...I can shred the street tires if I want or literally just stomp the gas from a dead stop and have full power by 15 feet out and it's rolling....it's like a stock turbo spool wise with 600 hp capability with mid 20s for boost

That's not that great, a good spooling turbo spins up instantly like it's not even there. I suppose the lag does help it hook a little better though.

I honestly don't feel I have a need for a converter...unless I was max effort chasing mid to low tens...for what you seem to be after just bolt a 6262 or even 6265 on it with good injectors and it'll be a little monster on the street without the need for big converter throttle bodies or intake...if I got a completely stock car given to me that was healthy I would bolt on a 62 with injectors and fuel pump and have a blast with it

Everyone has different tastes; I didn't like how slow my TE44 spooled with a stock converter. Are you running a PTE exhaust housing on your 6262? And if you ran 20psi with the stock turbo, why are you only running this one at 10? Thanks for the input. I'm very interested in the 6262, but I haven't really seen anyone post big mph numbers yet with one much beyond where I am with my TE44. TIA

New I honestly don't feel I have a need for a converter...unless I was max effort chasing mid to low tens

I'd like to see you run a mid to low ten with that combo. You think you could get 33/35 lbs. of boost out of it???

When I had my TE63 on, it gave me a mid ten at around 27 lbs. I now have a TE62 on until I get the turbo I really want and I'll tell you, while I haven't been to the track with the 62 it will not run a 10.50 without pushing it over thirty lbs. would be my guess.

The 62 is a good street turbo but my 63 would embarrass the 62, it pulls so much harder. My guess is with my combo, which is close to yours we could hit a 10.70 or higher.

Maybe a low 10 high 9 if the tune was right and we had a good down wind, nitrous and JOHN FORCE towing us with his funny car.:facepalm:

Everyone has different tastes; I didn't like how slow my TE44 spooled with a stock converter. Are you running a PTE exhaust housing on your 6262? And if you ran 20psi with the stock turbo, why are you only running this one at 10? Thanks for the input. I'm very interested in the 6262, but I haven't really seen anyone post big mph numbers yet with one much beyond where I am with my TE44. TIA

^^You nailed it. ^^

A 2,800 to 3,000 converter is recommended with a 6262.

Last edited:
Hi Mr. Spool; I have never hooked on the street with my drag radials. Is there a way to get hooked up?

I'd like to see you run a mid to low ten with that combo. You think you could get 33/35 lbs. of boost out of it???

When I had my TE63 on, it gave me a mid ten at around 27 lbs. I now have a TE62 on until I get the turbo I really want and I'll tell you, while I haven't been to the track with the 62 it will not run a 10.50 without pushing it over thirty lbs. would be my guess.

The 62 is a good street turbo but my 63 would embarrass the 62, it pulls so much harder. My guess is with my combo, which is close to yours we could hit a 10.70 or higher.

Maybe a low 10 at best if the tune was right and we had a good down wind, nitrous and JOHN FORCE towing us with his funny car.:facepalm:

^^You nailed it. ^^

A 2,800 to 3,000 converter is recommended with a 6262.

I agree...when I say mid to low tens I'm referring to an at best scenario...for the average joe blow 11.0 is more reasonable...and with brake boosting I can get a no lag whatsoever launch which is pointless on the street...

I'm only able to get 10 psi on this new setup because the mass flow through the new heads and cam combined with the 62 is a lot higher than the old setup with the stocker....pump gas is my limitation with not being able to mess with any of the chip settings due to not currently having a good logger or scan master...motor is still fresh so I'm not trying to push anything until I get some more equipment...

Original post says you drive it everywhere + anywhere . Your next mod should be a good alarm system and maybe other anti theft devices on top of that if you don't already have them.
If you need some convincing check out the stolen car section, + especially 2 swooshes video of the recently stolen turbo-t

Last edited:
With better inter cooler and some good gas this setup should easily be able to support 30 psi maybe a little more...remember we are talking about a 65 lb per minute turbo here...

I was fully expecting to have way more lag than I do now based upon my experience with 6262s...I run an identical turbo on my dsm and it doesn't see full boost till almost 5k on the 7.8 compression 2 liter that's in it with too much cam...it runs the times in my sig on 21 psi through the 4 cylinder....

I really don't see 10.7 being a problem at all with the Buick at similar boost levels given the much higher displacement and head work on my 3.8

Wether the rest of the car is ready or not has yet to be seen

Oh trust me as of this week I'm not driving it everyday...I'm renewing registration on my daily driver caravan just for that reason

Oh trust me as of this week I'm not driving it everyday...I'm renewing registration on my daily driver caravan just for that reason
Mine is def parked for the Winter mos but once the salt is off the roads it's driven till about Thanksgiving unless salt hits the road then it's hibernation time

That's what I'm wanting is the quickest spool possible

I always run stall in my cars to wake them up off the line 1 of my other cars has a 3000 stall and another has a 3500 so a 2800 or a 3200 was getting put in this car anyway to help get spool as quick as possible

So are you saying the Reds pump and 60# injectors are not enough for the 62?

Original post says you drive it everywhere + anywhere . Your next mod should be a good alarm system and maybe other anti theft devices on top of that if you don't already have them.
If you need some convincing check out the stolen car section, + especially 2 swooshes video of the recently stolen turbo-t
You are correct it is well insured just in case

a turbo buick with heads and cam will react different than a stock motor 3.8 and requires a different approach to the combo.

Long block is stock for now when it's time for a a rebuild I will do different heads cam ect

Whichever turbo you choose just do it right the first time trust me it costs more up front but you'll save money in the long run, get a "dbb CEA" if you want the best spool up and most power pick up a front mount intercooler as well. As for tires everyone is saying you'll blow the tires off at a 40-60 mph roll which I don't believe but since your like me and don't want to run ugly drag radials look into the Toyo R888 tire, I'm running them on my car right now and after they warm up they hold up pretty well to my 18psi of boost.