Best Street Setup

Yes it will be a much better option for you also would allow you to push the wheels further more reliably for your future goals ( 30+ psi) with the ball bearing version....seeing that you have factory heads and cam might call to work the turbo more to get the airflow you want

Yes it will be a much better option for you also would allow you to push the wheels further more reliably for your future goals ( 30+ psi) with the ball bearing version....seeing that you have factory heads and cam might call to work the turbo more to get the airflow you want
So when do you go to big on the turbo to slow spool? With a 28 or 32 stall is it better to go with a 49 or 62 and not sacrafice quick spool those seem to be the popular choices on the feedback I have gotten

I could be wrong but I don't think it's cool to recommend a ball bearing turbo to a guy with a stock engine and a stack of basic mods that haven't been installed. That extra $700 will help a lot with mods.

I've learned a few things here. I don't need a ball bearing turbo. I don't need a front mount intercooler.

I could be wrong but I don't think it's cool to recommend a ball bearing turbo to a guy with a stock engine and a stack of basic mods that haven't been installed. That extra $700 will help a lot with mods.

I've learned a few things here. I don't need a ball bearing turbo. I don't need a front mount intercooler.
I would rather spend the first time then to re buy stuff when the engine needs rebuild at the least it will be crammed an heads at least ported most likely I will do a stroker

The turbo is the last thing you need to worry about right now. Put on the parts you've got and crank up the boost. Should go mid - low 12's. That should keep you busy for a while.

I believe all oem turbos are journal bearing and that's what sold me on durability. 400 rpm quicker spool isn't worth $700. Sounds like tire money to me.

The turbo is the last thing you need to worry about right now. Put on the parts you've got and crank up the boost. Should go mid - low 12's. That should keep you busy for a while.

I believe all oem turbos are journal bearing and that's what sold me on durability. 400 rpm quicker spool isn't worth $700. Sounds like tire money to me.

Agreed that's why I first told him that but he said money is no object and it seems he wants a turbo choice to piece the rest around....if you have the coin to support it go for it...

I laughed at the you don't need front mount and don't need ball bearing comment because I have determined the exact same thing...I actually attribute some of the responsiveness of my current setup with still having a stock intercooler...Less core and more direct entry and exit with lack of piping volume to fill definitely helps with spool

Just had engine rebuilt with champion heads, and .02 over pistons only because the engine went. I thought I needed a lot of stuff. You really don't. Boost is still set at stock with stock ic and turbo. That rebuild alone made a huge difference.
I plan on going to a 6262 turbo only because I know it's just a matter of time before the stock goes. The stock is a JB and it went well over 100k miles. I'm gonna start bumping up the boost a little but @15psi boost right now traction is an issue with street tires. All this to say I'm satisfied if I stop adding parts now, but I have no car note so part are my note! If I know what I know now I could of saved some money, but I have room to grow now. It's you're money! Treat that buick how it wants to be treated.

I'm just doing those parts listed now but want to get the convertor the stall and turbo and whatever else i need whenever I see a good deal on them and install all as a group after the summer and to me 400 rpm on the street is a lot and if that's the case money well spent but don't want to go too big and go backwards there. I appreciate your input and concerns I only want to do upgrades once I have way to many other cars to keep up and spend money on

Intercoolers play a big part IMO on these cars... It's all about air flow and keeping everything cool. When I went from the precision front mount to the larger RJC I saw gains in performance. The others do have a point on the topic of a dbb turbo though, I run a much larger turbo so it only makes sense to run the dbb but if you decide to get a 62mm your spool will be fast so with that in mind you might not need a dbb. I've done tons of things to my car that aren't in my sig and I can say I've never had a major problem out of my car because I've always taken the advice from people with faster cars than mine, I like the thought of knowing my build is reliable and that I don't have to max out my motor to be fast.

And thanks, took a long time to get it all together.