Best torque converter prices??

2QWIK4U

Im using an orange stripe I got from Modern Muscle years ago and never had a problem.Need to get one for a guy and need to know who has got the best product and price nowdays........something streetable,3000-3200 stall.

Call dusty if you want a good converter for your combo..they cost too much to guess at it and have to buy it twice...

x2 for DUSTY,ptc dist. he will hook you up let him know youre combo you will be very happy.

Im using an orange stripe I got from Modern Muscle years ago and never had a problem.Need to get one for a guy and need to know who has got the best product and price nowdays........something streetable,3000-3200 stall.

Your 12 inch lockup converters are 2800 or less.

3000-3200 is a 9 or 10 inch converter.

IMO you get what you pay for... Dusty and a PTC is the way to go. He is a site sponsor too:)

If your converter is still in the car, do a stall test before pulling it out. Footbrake the car to 0-1# of boost and get an rpm reading from a scantool. I bet it's closer to 2200 than it is 3000.

If that is the case you will want nothing looser than a 2800.

We sell the Protorque converters, here are some prices and specs.

Here is what comes standard on ALL of the converters.

* Full 1yr Warranty (New or Any work performed)
* Every single fin in the converter is tig welded for strength and durability!
* All converters are built using Roller Bearings.
* Billet Cover
* Free Re-stalls untill it's what you like.

Buick Prices:
* 2004R - 9.5" Non Lock-Up W/ "Billet Cover" - $650.00
* 2004R - 9.5" Lock-Up W/ "Billet Cover" - $800.00

Here is a picture of a Protorque converter before it's machined & Welded up.

Attachments

• PTC%20converter%20008.jpg
    PTC%20converter%20008.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 503
Torque converters

Sorry I will write it 50 times on the black board! Pro torque rocks!:biggrin:

REDNECK Converters

LOL.... I got one of their 9.5 Non-Lock ups and it is stalled at 2600 and it seems great... runs at about 2000-2100 at 55 mph cruise and seems to couple really well...

I have a precision and this is the second one and I have been nothing but 100% SATISFIED! was not the cheapest but Vicky was extremely customer service oriented and the great warranty and free restall (though i have not used it yet) is a definte bonus for me. i went with the multi disc lock up because of my excessive street and highway driving.