Best way to upgrade fuel pump

Ok, stupid question here but please humor me. Provided the fuel lines and wiring are sufficient (upgraded), what's stopping someone from removing the Walboro 255 pump and sliding in the Hellcat 525? The pump itself is on amazon for 130 bucks. Just thinking out loud... wondering if it would physically fit into the hangar assembly.
The gauge of wire and connections don't hold up the the demands of the Walbro pumps. The DWs pull less amperage but why gamble. Ive seen multiple burned connections at the sending unit even with a hotwire kit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok, stupid question here but please humor me. Provided the fuel lines and wiring are sufficient (upgraded), what's stopping someone from removing the Walboro 255 pump and sliding in the Hellcat 525? The pump itself is on amazon for 130 bucks. Just thinking out loud... wondering if it would physically fit into the hangar assembly.
Nothing if the wiring and lines are upgraded. I wouldn't use factory wiring or lines that's for sure

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cheap route would be get a dw 300. Or do it the right way and redo the whole system if you plan to keep upgrading. This system is sweet. Tom just did a post on it. These are some of his pictures
91d0fb98662d3d99cd04aad4317ddd46.jpg
ea9d966dfc69bba923431712f4f58cfb.jpg
686cb783a994a65163861d1a84b6c553.jpg
af4292ee8f7d15cdf213826b13f2b237.jpg
8bac4d5412882aa96993ded8297d0f82.jpg
7fca0ec7fb756f57785e326677293c12.jpg
b4efd79db3d8ff4a1e5ccf8ea781d03e.jpg
18e10a1dc796770c08b893ce47ccffef.jpg
df0f5331ad785d4ffe61a83a686ff315.jpg

I just love this set-up!! It just speaks high quality all the way.

I just finished up my car switching to E85. I went with the DW400 and the new wiring harness for it too. The goal on my car is 700 to the wheels. I did go with -8 feed line and -6 return too.I have not tested yet but preliminary runs are very promising.

I had an ATR double pumper set up with hot wire, Hobbs switch and the works.

Honestly the wiring is essential when you are making that kind of power.

Just on the battery alone that pump will fill up a 5 gallon quicker than you thought possible.

Maybe the better question is what is your goal and what kind of fuel are you going to use to get there?

Great question Reggie, I'm running 93 octane and Razor's single nozzle alky. E-85 isn't readily available in my part of Florida. My goal is to get somewhere in the 10s after some tuning, I just installed Cal's Sportsman Xfi. The rest of the combination is listed below, I think most would agree that my fuel system is the limiting factor right now. Thanks for the question...

Built Weber Stroker/249CID (RJC girdle)
Precision DBB 6775
Champion ported irons/intake
210/210 roller cam w/1.65 rockers
RJC megacooler
3" downpipe and exhaust/Poston headers
Built 200R4 (lockup) with Dusty's 3200 converter
Ford 9"
315/35-17 M/T drag radials

Current fuel is single Walboro 255, hotwire kit, 60# injectors (90% duty cycle at 18psi)

I just finished up my car switching to E85. I went with the DW400 and the new wiring harness for it too. The goal on my car is 700 to the wheels. I did go with -8 feed line and -6 return too.I have not tested yet but preliminary runs are very promising.

Just on the battery alone that pump will fill up a 5 gallon quicker than you thought possible.

Where did you buy the parts from?

Where did you buy the parts from?
You can get the above parts/ fuel systems from me. I have sold 3 this week already lol

I did a complete build on a locals car this year. It was just a shell with a tranny and a bunch of stock parts in the trunk. The motor was built with a reliable hyd roller setup, ported heads, intake, front mount, converter etc. After I got the car running, I told him to just put some miles on it and to stay off WOT till we get a good fuel system in the car. My customer drives this thing everywhere, as the car still has cold blowing AC. I installed a Racetronix double pumper in it with a line kit at Racetronix. We made 500rwhp at 19psi on straight pump gas with no alky (still has the stock computer with a Turbotweak chip).
There will be a video coming out soon on this complete system in the early portion of the New Year. We videoed the complete install and have a in-depth break down on all the parts associated with this system along with the proper way to install it. There is nothing left for interpretation, and you get the full technical break down on it's capabilities. This product has a very broad scope. It will work well in a 11 sec street car all the way to a low 8sec GN with no issues. I personally run this same system too and have run low 9's @154mph with a 68% duty cycle in a 3,700 pound street car. Big single pumps are fantastic, no doubt, but there's also another element that isn't touched on much. On a street car, big pumps heat up the fuel quicker. After a 45min to 1 hour of straight use, the fuel gets extremely warm. That in my opinion is where a double pumper shines. One pump runs until the next one is activated which keeps less heat out of the fuel and preserves your fuel system.

T-type, that's a great point that I didn't consider before. It's a 99% street car. Looking forward to watching that video!

Boost... thanks again for the info. You might be hearing from me around car funding season (aka tax refund time)

I picked up a walbro 450 new for around $110 and swapped the stock vent and return lines when I installed it. I have 80lb injectors like you and they will be maxed out before the pump.

Good idea. No issues with high fuel psi at idle?

I picked up a walbro 450 new for around $110 and swapped the stock vent and return lines when I installed it. I have 80lb injectors like you and they will be maxed out before the pump.

Good idea. No issues with high fuel psi at idle?
When you switch the lines over like stated it's fine. That's how we run our WE4 on the big walbro