You can type here any text you want

Better suggestions for my build?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GBGN1

stroked
Its time to get all the parts and get this thing moving. Hears my plans,Havent been able to find a good stage block so Ive decided to use my 109. Im looking for a low 10 so it should live.

Heads: found some TA's (ported for 9's) just got to pick up.
Turbo: cpt 70 bb p f1- I already have
Intercooler: V1-have
Cam: cc 212-218 =Ill get
Crank: BA 3.625 -Have
Rods: K1 6.350= ill get
Pistons: Wiseco looking to get around 9.25 to 1 cr= ill get to match rods
*Stock intake or Champion and have port matched to heads
Injectors : 79 lbers = was planning on using stock ecm turo tweek chip
Plus: Razors alki
Fuel pump: Ive got a single 340 in the tank now but have a duel feed set up that i would use.
Block: girdled
Stock headers:Mease DP= have already

Looking at getting dusty's convertor NL 3500 stall

So tell me what wouldnt work and what to expect?

The ported TA's raises the cc volume of the head to 55 from 46, you may want to take that into consideration if you want your static c/r to be 9.25:1. Also would consider at least the p/logger and w/b as a means of fine tuning and monitoring the events. Things can happen rappidly w/the extra power.

mock up the heads on the empty 109 block and see if the combustion chamber on your heads overhangs on the bore size.

what kind of rpm are you gonna try to spin?

Looks like a healthy combo...... like others have said.... check out the heads good..... a set of TA SE heads will not fit on a 3.8 bore motor without serious mods. SI's probably will....

What I know the least about is your turbo..... IMHO, the new PTE turbos are way ahead of the others in advancement. I'd consider one of the new billet 64 turbos..... should easily get you to your goal..... and spoolup much better than the older 70.

Be prepared to go dual nozzle on the alky. It is supposed to be much harder to tune properly.... but necessary once you get deep into the 10's I understand. A wideband controlled TT chip will go along way to making the tuneup easier....

They were SI heads but were sold on me. So locally there is a set of GN1 heads that im looking at soon. I only bought the turbo 2 1/2 years ago its got the f1 wheel and its a bb so It spools pretty well just need some heads and shortblock with some compression to take it work.I agree on the dual alki.
Thanks

Be cautious on the used GN1 heads..... they are great heads, but the earlier castings were prone to cracking. The earliest castings were only intended to be iron head replacements..... not intended for the power levels most are pushing these to these days.....The later the casting the better. If they have GN1 engraved on the end of the head, they are more recent than the ones with the GN1 engraved near one of the exhaust ports..... The most recent castings are obviously the best..... they have the most meat in the deck below the exhaust ports among other things. If they have stud mounted rockers similar to the SBC's, the studs should be replaced with ARP studs if they haven't yet.....

When in doubt, get the numbers off the head and call Tom at Champion..... he can tell you the 411 on those heads.

Back