You can type here any text you want

BF Goodrich drag radials question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I'm interested in buying some BF Goodrich 325-50-15 drag radial tires but there seems to be two different kinds of thread for them...I posted two pictures below to show what I mean.

1° the picture on the left has the thread I want :) , but I can't seem to find them on Summit's site...:(

2° the picture on the right shows the "criss-cross" type thread which I find on Summit's site but I don't really like these..:frown:

Are there two different part numbers, one for for each kind, or was there one style that was discontinued and replaced by the other?

Thanks,

Claude. :confused:

I'm partial to the second design if you plan to use the car in wet weather. You'll have to check availability in the size you need though! -----jeremy

I'm going to tell ya straight up on this one. DON'T DO IT (the ones on the left). The BFG DRs hook ok when dry, but are unsafe in the smallest amount of water. It's as if they turn into bars of soap.:mad: Where you live, I'd think about Nitto DRs for wet and dry street duty. Or, if you want something that hooks better but will only last a few thousand miles, I highly recommend the the Micky Thompson DRs.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

BFG has 2 different styles, you'll have to call them to confirm when you order, since you do not want the old school BFG's.

Take a look at the M&H too:

(b) 325/50R15

Thanks guys for your replies...I wonder if these (Mickey Thompson's) are good?...

Claude. :confused:

These are the best choice...... but they dont last long for street driving.

Thanks "jd"...

Last question...: Do some of you here have pictures showing these tires on the car and in which you can see the thread pattern (for size 325-50-15) ?...
Thanks,

Claude. :wink:

Great tires.

Here's a 275/60/15.

015.jpg

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

I'm going to tell ya straight up on this one. DON'T DO IT (the ones on the left). The BFG DRs hook ok when dry, but are unsafe in the smallest amount of water. It's as if they turn into bars of soap.:mad: Where you live, I'd think about Nitto DRs for wet and dry street duty. Or, if you want something that hooks better but will only last a few thousand miles, I highly recommend the the Micky Thompson DRs.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

My experience has been quite the opposite. I have run the 255/50-16 size as a daily tire for many years. Rain or shine, long trips, etc. They are fine even in moderate rain until the tread is completely gone.

Mine are bald, on a damp road they are fine still, but not good in moderate rain. I will be buying another pair this spring.

just my .02

Bob

I ran the 255/50/16 BFG's (the ones on the left in the pic) for a while on GTA wheels and never had any issues. They actually lasted quite a while. Only got caught in rain once on the Jersey Turnpike. Kept her at 60 and was just fine.

A LOT better than the BFG DRs.

Ok, thanks!...But what about their characteristics on wet pavement?...(the M/T's that is...)

At first I was thinking of getting some BFG's, but after reading some of your replies, I'm leaning more towards the M/T's...:redface:

Claude. :cool:

Ok, thanks!...But what about their characteristics on wet pavement?...(the M/T's that is...)

At first I was thinking of getting some BFG's, but after reading some of your replies, I'm leaning more towards the M/T's...:redface:

The only water my Buick sees is the water box.

Just to clarify I like the MTDR better cuz I’ve had better luck hooking with them over the BFG DRs.

Claude, Ive bought two sets of M/Ts brand new. 255/50/16. Both were great in dry weather and decent in light/moderate rain when new. Even when they had some tread left they werent that bad. But I got caught out in the rain on the bald... That was fun!

The M/Ts will last if you have another pair of wheels for them, or if the car doesn't see that much mileage. I got about 7K out of each set.

If your looking to do alot of driving, I'd look into the BFG or Nittos personally.

Back