bg qualifying updates...

karolko

Since i have to be in Africa duing BG this year, i was wondeirng if someone could give me some updates on the qualifying round for TSO once it's complete.

Adrian

I am on the road traveling home, but I will make sure to post up all the details tomorrow when it's Holly's turn to drive

Last year we had a 14 car TSO field. This year we had 13 show up. Unfortunatly, the Cruz missle broke before qualifying which took us to 12. The 4 TSL cars were going to run both TSO and TSL so they ran their eliminations while doing TSO qualifying. They qualified for TSL with:
1. Gary Harmon 8.607@158.59
2. Billy T 8.655@158.73
3. Jimmy Morrison 8.756@155.17
4. Jason Cramer 9.101@150.20

In first round of TSL Gary had a Transbrake failure and Jason took the win. In the other pair, both Billy and Jimmy had problems. Billy had a bad distributor cap and Jimmy lost 3rd gear. Billy ended up taking the win. Billy put another distributor cap on and beat Jason (slipping 200R4 transmission) in the TSL Final

The eight other TSO cars qualified:
1. Manny Espino 8.357@166.37
2. Tim Szabo 8.571@159.32
3. Dave Fiscus 8.599@161.59
4. Brad Tennyson 8.775@157.89 (FIRST TIME IN THE 8'S WAS THIS WEEKEND!!)
5. George Thompson 8.997@144.43 (FIRST TIME IN THE 8'S WAS THIS WEEKEND!!)
6. Art Frye 9.578@143.57
7. Paul Dubois 9.602@138.76 (PERSONAL BEST!!)
8. Justin Hinderer 10.657@92.48

Pushing the cars this hard lead to some problems. After qualifying, Tim Szabo and Justin Hinderer elected not to run. I spoke with the racers and elected to remove the broken cars from the ladder which left us with an even 8 car field. The Final TSO ladder was:

1. Manny Espino 8.357@166.37
2. Dave Fiscus 8.599@161.59
3. Gary Harmon 8.607@158.59
4. Billy T 8.655@158.73
5. Brad Tennyson 8.775@157.89
6. George Thompson 8.997@144.43
7. Art Frye 9.578@143.57
8. Paul Dubois 9.602@138.76

go on, go on....

I'm at the edge of my seat reading this in Burkina Faso, West Africa. I wish i could have been there.

I am Surprised to hear Jason was in TSL this year, and to push the car that fast in a 200 4r is amazing.

First Round:

Billy T defeated Brad T in a photofinish
Gary Harmon defeated George Thompson
Dave Fiscus defeated Art Frye
Manny defeated Paul Dubois

Second Round:
Dave Fiscus spun and didn't have enough to catch Gary Harmon
Billy T left before Manny Espino and stayed ahead of him until the 1000' mark when Manny powered by him

Finals:
Gary had a weld break on his downpipe but managed to get it fixed before the race. Gary knew he would need to cut a light on Manny, unfortunatly, he cut it too close and red lighted. Manny ran another 8.3 pass for the victory.

I want to thank everyone for participating. George Thompson get's the long distance award driving all the way from Calgary Canada. I can't wait to see what Reynold's has in store. Maybe we can see some 7 second passes!?!

I was sneaking up on the tune with George's car. He ran 13.8 off the trailer with no boost. Then mid 12's. Then mid 11's. Then mid 10's, Then mid 9's at 151 mph. Then he ran the 8 second pass with the car popping in 3rd gear (only 144 mph). I wasn't able to fix it at the track, but we came up with a game plan (He can fill you in) that should get him sorted out. When he lined up with Gary, I turned the boost up for the launch and the car really woke up. It ended up poppping, and George lifted. I will go on record saying he will be running bottom 8's this time next year. He had one of the nicest looking TSO cars in the field

Thanks alot Cal.

I know George will be super happy to finall be racing once again.

A great job to everyone and keep up those fast times.

Thank you Cal for the play by play results.
Sounds like some really good racing went down.
Good to hear Billy had some decent luck after what he went through recently.
Congrats to Billy in TSL and Manny in TSO, as well as all the others who made their best runs.
:)

Patrick

Hurry up with them videos........:D

I want to thank Holly and Carl as TSO RRAs.

I want to give a big thumbs up to Paul Ferry (HR Parts & Stuff) for coming through for some TSL sponsorship at the last minute. Paul is a class act.

It was a struggle for me to attended this year but I made it. This had to be one of the best GS Nats I attended. I had a lot of fun, there was no drama.

Thank again.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I want to give a big thumbs up to Paul Ferry (HR Parts & Stuff) for coming through for some TSL sponsorship at the last minute. Paul is a class act.

It was a struggle for me to attended this year but I made it. This had to be one of the best GS Nats I attended. I had a lot of fun, there was no drama.

Thank again.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Awesome story book ending right there. Lose your wheels at this event last year, come back and WIN the event this year. CONGRATS!!!!!

Thank again.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Great job Billy!!!! You did your thing!!! :)