Big chiefs car DESTROYED !!!!

What was it grumpy use to say internet feuds are like a couple dogs barking at each other from 2 sides of a fence when they get to an opening they start wagging there tails at each other.. Brett and Claude seem to be 2 good Buick guys I'm sure it would be a peace fest if they ever met up.. my opinion on the matter is if your gonna call yourself big cheif this type of shit will sometimes come with it , make no mistake I'm glad evry1 will be ok

See everyone?... another intelligent reply by our friend Brett….you're so funny! :D…Anyway say all you want I don't give a :poop: but by now, people must have realized what kind of person the "real" Brett is…and how much class he has... ;)…like a little kid in school who doesnt even know how to write properly and takes fun in calling people names…You know, I don't understand what good it can bring to the thread to insult me :rolleyes: something I never did to you or anyone else...and...oh yeah…how fast did you say you ran at BG?...:LOL:
and
ur right I shudnt have insulted you and I apologize. but Claude cmon the dude was on life support and supports his family with this. u make it sound like these dudes just found an open road, blocked off traffic and made a pass and crashed risking innocent ppl's lives.

I think they give street racing a positive image. they wear full safety gear with complete cages, they race on closed streets and respect one another for the most part. ppl are gonna street race regardless but these dudes at least give it some class.

I'm glad that both drivers got out alive…but have no sympathy for the loss of their cars. YOU DON'T RACE ON THE STREET, PERIOD!
angry.gif
…That "Street Outlaws" tv show is the stupidest program being aired at the moment. They promote illegal street racing and when a mishap like that happens everyone react as if the racers are the poor victims…well I won't cry a bit for them as as this was just waiting to happen and they ultimately got what they deserved.
mad.gif
Claude.

glad no one has ever crashed on the track;) did he deserve this?

street-outlaws-goliath-crash-e1438553995447.jpeg

Those cement barriers for the most part contain the carnage to inside of the track, where the street has curbs, trees,

nor do tracks have trees :ROFLMAO:

11169475_10153168002959620_6896550698940673744_n.jpg

11403086_10153168002624620_2927498641229488178_n-660x400.jpg

ur right I shudnt have insulted you and I apologize. but Claude cmon the dude was on life support and supports his family with this. u make it sound like these dudes just found an open road, blocked off traffic and made a pass and crashed risking innocent ppl's lives.

I think they give street racing a positive image. they wear full safety gear with complete cages, they race on closed streets and respect one another for the most part. ppl are gonna street race regardless but these dudes at least give it some class.
Ok Brett, apologies accepted…;) Maybe I should've expressed my feelings towards this whole street racing thing differently. I've never supported racing on the street, never will, but I never wished that someone gets hurt in any way. They might try to give street racing a good image by showing the way the cars are built(safety gear, roll cages, etc…) but it's the fact of doing it on the street which I think is a mistake. Also if the guys rely on these "organized" street racing as their main source of revenue, well after they just went through they should think about it and start looking at other sources of income to support their families without putting their lives at stake every week. If they love racing that much, then they can also build another car if they wish but keep it for track use only.
As for the tv show, although it's supposedly planned and organized, what is shown to the public misleads lots of people into thinking that it's done on open streets with blocked off traffic, sometimes ending tragically with a crash and the unfortunate casualties that come with it. Maybe it's the racers "bad boy" attitude or the fact that they're doing something "illegal" that makes the show popular, I dunno, go figure… I don't see the point in promoting these street races and having people think it's "real life"…why not do it at a real track? …maybe because it's not "outlaw" enough…:confused:
and last, like I said in my previous message, the young kids who just got their driving licenses watch the "Fast&Furious movies and try to imitate what they just saw with the sad results we all hear about from time to time. I think the "Street Outlaw" tv show can lead to the same result…:(
Take care now…

Claude. :)

racers are going to race guys track or street.news flash your ticket can get punched on the track or street while driving or watching.

Ok Brett, apologies accepted…;) Maybe I should've expressed my feelings towards this whole street racing thing differently. I've never supported racing on the street, never will, but I never wished that someone gets hurt in any way. They might try to give street racing a good image by showing the way the cars are built(safety gear, roll cages, etc…) but it's the fact of doing it on the street which I think is a mistake. Also if the guys rely on these "organized" street racing as their main source of revenue, well after they just went through they should think about it and start looking at other sources of income to support their families without putting their lives at stake every week. If they love racing that much, then they can also build another car if they wish but keep it for track use only.
As for the tv show, although it's supposedly planned and organized, what is shown to the public misleads lots of people into thinking that it's done on open streets with blocked off traffic, sometimes ending tragically with a crash and the unfortunate casualties that come with it. Maybe it's the racers "bad boy" attitude or the fact that they're doing something "illegal" that makes the show popular, I dunno, go figure… I don't see the point in promoting these street races and having people think it's "real life"…why not do it at a real track? …maybe because it's not "outlaw" enough…:confused:
and last, like I said in my previous message, the young kids who just got their driving licenses watch the "Fast&Furious movies and try to imitate what they just saw with the sad results we all hear about from time to time. I think the "Street Outlaw" tv show can lead to the same result…:(
Take care now…

You do realize that there is a disclaimer at the beginning of each episode that states that the show is filmed on a closed set and is legal right? Should the guys that race on the track for income rethink what they do also because wrecks happen all the time at the track? Are you saying that you have never been invloved in any type of street race or had a car at WOT on the street? Never even ran anyone redlight to redlight?

In my opinion, what they are doing isn't really street racing, which is a good thing. However, most of the dumbasses that watch the show, regardless of the disclaimer in the beginning, immediately hop in their cars once the episode is over and go out and try to emulate it on the real street. That's the problem. The show is pretty cool, but the moral of the show doesn't get through to the majority of the viewers who are watching, and they only see what they want to see. Real street racing is blocking of the street causing traffic and getting your runs in, there is no way the street racing scene would trailer their vehicles and hang out for an hour or two betting on one another, that just doesn't happen in street racing. This is what real street racing is, they'll get their runs in then get the hell out of there; no prep, no first aid, no anything, just a lookout for cops, and if something ever happened, the damage will be enormous. Imagine these cars flying into the middle lane. This stuff happens all over NYC, and although Big Chief wouldn't approve of it, he still unknowingly encourages it.

In my opinion, what they are doing isn't really street racing, which is a good thing. However, most of the dumbasses that watch the show, regardless of the disclaimer in the beginning, immediately hop in their cars once the episode is over and go out and try to emulate it on the real street. That's the problem. The show is pretty cool, but the moral of the show doesn't get through to the majority of the viewers who are watching, and they only see what they want to see. Real street racing is blocking of the street causing traffic and getting your runs in, there is no way the street racing scene would trailer their vehicles and hang out for an hour or two betting on one another, that just doesn't happen in street racing. This is what real street racing is, they'll get their runs in then get the hell out of there; no prep, no first aid, no anything, just a lookout for cops, and if something ever happened, the damage will be enormous. Imagine these cars flying into the middle lane. This stuff happens all over NYC, and although Big Chief wouldn't approve of it, he still unknowingly encourages it.

I just dont think anyone needs a show to give them the idea of street racing. Street racing has existed for over 100 years which is long before there even was a TV. I doubt there is anyone on this board that hasn't raced someone redlight to redlight on the street or at least tested thier car at WOT on the street. Distracting driving causes many more accidents and fatalities than street racing and everyone on this board is guilty of that on occasion.

Street Outlaws has done more to save local tracks than anything has in a long time. Our local track had Dave in the Sonoma come in for an appearance and the track owner told me that the night he came was the single highest attendance and most profittable night of the year. I was there that night and I have never seen more people at the track including many people that had never been to a dragstrip before. A couple of guys I work with did not even know there was a dragstrip in the area before the show and now they go to the street car shootouts regularly at our track.

there really is no street car/track car. these are race cars. their just raced on the street. personally, I think if a car has wheelie bars then its NOT a street car and shud never be raced on the street.

if no bars were allowed I think ppl wud respect the whole "Street race" thing a little more. bars just make them too much of a "Race car".

the F&F crowd surely does nothing for either street racing or track racing. either way they seem to piss oil down the street/track every time they make a pass cause their trying to get their 1.3 motors to make a 1000 hp and push them to the limits.

im not saying these guys rely on street racing as their ONLY source of income. their income is street racing and going fast and therefore getting customers to flock to their shop to get work done on their cars. and they also generate quite a bit of income from the show and its ALL based on their car.

building another car is easy wen u have sponsors paying for everything. they have sponsors no doubt. I mean every show their wearing either Precision, Crower, Rossler, Fuelteck etc.... but it don't amount to the cost to rebuild that whole car.

if you really wanna protest something then protest Beer. cause I can assure if results in FAR more deaths on the street every year then "Street Racing" does....

Take care now…

Wow…what a bright and intelligent reply!…:D Say whatever you want, I don't care…but your reply clearly shows that you probably don't have enough intelligence to understand the base of the problem. I didn't write my previous post because I'm prejudiced…but because I am and will always be against any form of street racing. You should know that drag racing is not street racing. Street racing should be condemned and not promoted by any means, much less a television show. The people who support (obviously like you "Mr. prejudiced Dick") and participate in these activities won't get a bit of sympathy from my part if something goes wrong, and like I said in my previous post, these two immature racers just got what they deserved, period. (n) By doing so, not only they put their lives at risk but also endanger other innocent people's lives and I'll never endorse that.

Claude.

Claude, I see your point and agree with it....mostly. The problem here is that this show encourages street racing. The racing on the show itself isn't dangerous to anyone except those involved with the racing and production of the show. They get the streets closed and the police are there to make sure no traffic can become involved. The show doesn't reveal this and it promotes it as true street racing. Its because we have so many idiots in everyday life that are easily influenced by what appears to be careless disregard for the law ON TELEVISION that makes it a problem.

I compare it to 'Gangsta Rap'. In the mid '80s the group N.W.A. hit the air and pretty much started the gansta rap movement. Their music has influenced some its asinine listeners to emulate the images of what the group portrayed themselves to be. The members of N.W.A. didn't indulge in the criminal activities that they glorified. I'm not saying that they (the members of NWA) had perfectly clean criminal records but NONE of them did the extreme dumb shit that they inspired some of their asinine weak minded listeners to do. We are destined to see the same thing come from the 'Street Outlaw' show. Their show is like their gangsta rap video. Nobody is really shooting anyone in the face with a 12 gauge nor is anyone really 'Street Racing'. Yes it appears that way but when was the last time real street racers paid the city to close the street and provide police enforcement for an illegal activity? Forrest Gump said it best - "Stupid is as stupid does". This form of stupid will cost people innocent of the racing a heavy price.

You do realize that there is a disclaimer at the beginning of each episode that states that the show is filmed on a closed set and is legal right?
Yes…BUT…:unsure: …keep on reading below...
However, most of the dumbasses that watch the show, regardless of the disclaimer in the beginning, immediately hop in their cars once the episode is over and go out and try to emulate it on the real street. That's the problem.
Exactly.:(
and
Claude, I see your point and agree with it....mostly. The problem here is that this show encourages street racing. Its because we have so many idiots in everyday life that are easily influenced by what appears to be careless disregard for the law ON TELEVISION that makes it a problem.
Yes, absolutely. (y)

A lot of cities dont even have a track. Kansas city people have to drive to topeka ks. KCIR was shut down a year after the last Pinks show was there.

A lot of cities dont even have a track. Kansas city people have to drive to topeka ks. KCIR was shut down a year after the last Pinks show was there.
That is one reason why I street race. Driving to Topeka is too far.

I love the show and watch it every week. I've always wondered how they set their races up prior to the show?? There's no way they'd get away with 3 or 4 races in those cars without someone calling the cops even way outside of town.

I agree with that fact that shows like this inspire people to do what they see on TV. I'll use MMA for example or professional wrestling. Kids and adults alike try this stuff and get hurt or hurt other people.

If people are going to race on the street get outside of town and find a safe road if you must do it. The older I get the less I like to mess around on the street. I left the Fred Gibb car show probably 12 years ago and the town it was in allowed burnouts as you left. I followed the crowd and did a burnout. Keep in mind people are lined up along the road to watch as I did when I finished my burnout. A guy in a T Bucket got squirrely and let out of it only to get back in it and ended up in the park as people were running for their lives. That ended the burnouts forever.

I'll guarantee you street drag racing has grown immensely since this show aired. The growth comes from average people getting behind the wheel of something they are not qualified to drive. This is where the problem begins. I only wish I had invested in turbo or procharger stock. I bet sales are good right now.

I am relieved knowing that no one died and none of these families has to grieve. As a nurse with 23 years of ER experience, I have had more than my share of bearing witness to senseless death and grief. The very first evening of working as a tech in a busy ER as a 19 yo, I saw a couple of 18year olds die as a result of street racing. From then on I stopped street racing my Chevelle, and driving after having "a few" beers. I took a lot of flak from my buddies until one of them wrapped his absolutely beautiful '68 440 RT around a tree and barely escaped with his life.

I used to believe the show was actual street racing, until I started watching it more regularly and wondering how they got by with having trailers and cameras there during an "illegal" event. (Duh ). Yes, I must be gullible, but if I believed it was true , probably some 17 yo with daddy's mustang GT believes it's true as well and might be influenced enough to go and do something stupid. That's probably the only reason I don't like the show. I think the viewing public would be better served if they did this on a drag strip and the producers admitting it WAS on a drag strip.

From what I gather here, I believe a lot of us like the show, but the majority of us do not approve of "true" street racing. I would think that those of us that have been WOT on public roads are responsible enough to pick a straight road with no one around. For me, I couldn't live with the guilt of harming someone else as a result of my stupidity and negligence. Perhaps that comes with age (I am 58), or just my life experiences, I don't know. What I DO know is that life is too short and not guaranteed.

Since my funds are not unlimited, and I have a kick-ass little RedHeaded wife, I doubt if my GN will ever see a bonifide street race. Probably won't see a drag strip, either. The car is much more of a "beast" then the chevelle ever was. I have waited long enough to find my really *nice* GN. I like the car too much to plaster it into some guard rail at a track or on the street either by my fault in driving or someone "helping" me do it.
Am I a "wuss"? Maybe. But I can live with that.

What was it grumpy use to say internet feuds are like a couple dogs barking at each other from 2 sides of a fence when they get to an opening they start wagging there tails at each other.

... what happens when it's a dog vs a cat though, with no fence? :D

(click watch it on youtube)

So is it just me, or does it seem like most of the cars on Street Outlaws that get out of hand, spin out, or wreck are Fox Bodies?