Big congrats Melissa 2017 TB. com Nats TAI champ!

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Just wanted to say, as sponsor and huge fan of this class, it's been a blast to watch all the smack talking guys get their asses handed to them by a lady. Can't wait for BG.

Ya know guys. This could open the door for some new sponsors. Woman's make up, clothing, etc. :D

Let the smack talking begin. :)

Thanks to all who make this the funnest class.

Mike Barnard
Spoolfool Productions.

Congrats to Melissa and Grumpy!

I wish I could have been there.

Last edited:
Congrats to Dan and Melissa (y)(y)... glad to hear that you are still going strong

Ya it's tuff doin everything for the car with Melissa. :D Russ does throw in his 2 cents in every now an then. :p My job now is taking care of the alky and consulting for parts for the car !! Getting to old an forget everything now. Brain doesn't want to work but a few hours a day. Russ and Melissa do EVERYTHING from the engine, trans to the rear end. Nothing in the car escapes Russ's "touch". "This can't be done" isn't excepted from both of them. Amazing to watch them work as I shoot the breeze with others that stopped by. (guess I do have a pretty good job now). Car did the talking the past few days. Really amazing how it all came together. Car is still a tank @ 3740#s !!

Oh have to throw out a big THANKS to Shane an Clint. Had a blast at the track. They were runnin around like chickens with no heads !! Great job guys !!

How many cars were in the class and what kind of times were they running?

It was awesome to see! Great to meet some Buick royalty from up north! Nice to see Russ again, meet Grumpy and the misses and of course Melissa! Thanks for coming down guys!!!

Transbrake and stutter box vs a 2.1# footbrake launch. Kiss rule at its finest.

Professional video provided by Ron Bailey's daughter, Ella. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170506_181356222 (1).jpg
    IMG_20170506_181356222 (1).jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Guys,So glad I got to pit with all of you .I had not seen Russ in 10 years and it was like a day never passed.he taught me ton on that simple stuff rule, congratulations on the win .It was great catching up and meeting you Grumpy and Melissa what a model RACE TEAM
BTW .......BEEEEEEEPPP.........BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP.....!!!!!!

First off GREAT VIDEO!!
Melissa , Russ,an Dan... Grumpy!!!
So glad you guys have come back to TAI!!!
Congrats on WHOOPIN MY ASS!!
Was a GREAT RACE!!!!

Hopefully in BG ILL HAVE MORE FOR YA!!

Melissa, you came and kicked ass !!
Well done, you and Russ are great people and I am glad to know you.
Grumpy, great to see you and your wife again !!
JD , you were running well too !
Love this class and the racers involved!!

Bryan

Mike, Thanks for your support of the class and the congrats!

Shane and Clint, Thanks for a great event at an awesome track!

It was a great time running with all of the TAI guys. Very impressive bunch of guys. We knew that we had to be on our game to run all of you! We definitely can't take any of you lightly. Great racing!

Russ is the one who makes all of this happen. His dedication is unbelievable and he works flipping tirelessly to bring it all together yet he makes it all look easy. Truly, all of the kudos go to him.

Nice to meet you, Bob! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in BG.
-Melissa

Ya it's tuff doin everything for the car with Melissa. :D Russ does throw in his 2 cents in every now an then. :p My job now is taking care of the alky and consulting for parts for the car !! Getting to old an forget everything now. Brain doesn't want to work but a few hours a day. Russ and Melissa do EVERYTHING from the engine, trans to the rear end. Nothing in the car escapes Russ's "touch". "This can't be done" isn't excepted from both of them. Amazing to watch them work as I shoot the breeze with others that stopped by. (guess I do have a pretty good job now). Car did the talking the past few days. Really amazing how it all came together. Car is still a tank @ 3740#s !!

Oh have to throw out a big THANKS to Shane an Clint. Had a blast at the track. They were runnin around like chickens with no heads !! Great job guys !!

Congrats Dan and Melissa well done! How ya been grump?

Awesome job Dan, Mellisa and Russ. Good to see the ol boy is still out and about. Congrats!!

Congrats Dan and Melissa well done! How ya been grump?

still up and about :D We have a "list" race up here every other week. Now I really haven't been racing for a long time so I am a little rusty. I had to run Melissa with the Mazda on the first run. Honest to God I think she was at the end of the 1/4 mile while I was at the 1/8th !!! BUT I did redeem myself the next run beating a new Callaway Corvette.. That car was beautiful !!!.. He came over to look at my beauty while I was running around. He ask some of the guys standing there what does the car run.. They told him high 9's. Guess they thought he was goin to drop. I have a rematch in a few weeks. Mazda is not a very pretty car. Hoping to get to to BG in Sept. Have a lot of sorting things out .. Goes straight now so thats off the list. Goin to BG ??

How many cars were in the class and what kind of times were they running?

Kip

I think there was 7 cars The #1 car was 6.2x i believe and i think the slowest was 7.4x The middle of the field was real tight with no less than .2 spread.

Jd has the ladder maybe he can post it up...

BTW THS had a good showing as well !!!