You can type here any text you want

billet aluminium Fuel pressure regulator FAIL

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NY_GN

Planning next secret evil upgrade
Had it on for less than 3 weeks and it failed. It would hold, but not rise with boost. Put on old ACUFAB and all is good.

Anyone else have the billet aluminium one fail?

Attachments

• 1415749151755.jpg
    1415749151755.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 334
Hmm..... Mine is doing that also. Part of my problem is undersized return line, but mine will only rise a few psi under boost. Same regulator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm..... Mine is doing that also. Part of my problem is undersized return line, but mine will only rise a few psi under boost. Same regulator

I replaced my return line (-6 an) and everything was fine for two weeks, then out of the blue; it held at 42 psi, but wouldn't rise.

Check valve in pump?? Squeeze return line at tank, turn key on and pres. should spike and hold then try again to see if improved. Had a similar thing with mine & this seems to help......

For my problem, I have just installed a new Racetronix pump in mine.

Why so many fuel problems lately?? Fuel qualityo_O Lots of guys with old style carbed fuel pumps having problems with ethanol blends up here!

Most of my problem was self inflicted as I believe I installed too big of a fuel pump. That combined with a shady fuel pressure regulator...... Resulted in high a$$ non adjustable fuel pressure in addition to pressure that won't rise with boost. Not trying to hijack.... But is funny I am seeing people having similar problems

Most of my problem was self inflicted as I believe I installed too big of a fuel pump. That combined with a shady fuel pressure regulator...... Resulted in high a$$ non adjustable fuel pressure in addition to pressure that won't rise with boost. Not trying to hijack.... But is funny I am seeing people having similar problems

My problem was self inflicted as well. I installed the 340 fuel pump before upgrading the return line, but then the regulator wouldn't allow psi to rise with boost.

I also installed new feed line, both ss braided, but I'm smelling alot of fuel. Seems the ethanol seips thru the lines, time for Teflon.

I ran the Kenne Bell / Accufab billet afpr for over 10 years and never had it fail. I bought a Kirbans billet afpr a year ago to replace that one only because of the age not because of any problems with it. The Kirbans billet afpr looks like the one you show in the picture.

The Kirbans billet afpr has worked flawlessly since installed.

I have used both. I had terrible luck with the Accufab. Do a search on Accufab to find others that had issues with them. My Kirbans seems to behave better than the Accufab ever did.

is this one of those "i bought the cheapest part i could find on Amazon and now i'm shocked that it failed" threads?

is this one of those "i bought the cheapest part i could find on Amazon and now i'm shocked that it failed" threads?
Bullshit, I don't know what the hell your talking about. I bought it from turbo tweak and the other from Cottons. The one from Cotton(ACUFAB) held up, the other did not. Stop taking outta your ass.

Lol

Which regulator are you using currently? Is it the Accufab or the billet reg?

Back