You can type here any text you want

billet aluminium Fuel pressure regulator FAIL

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just curious, but if the high pressure does not split the diaphragm ..... How does the regulator fail? I never had 100 psi but I had around 50 psi that I can't regulate through mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not buy from you, but do you know if there is anyway to have mine checked out for proper operation?

Just curious, but if the high pressure does not split the diaphragm ..... How does the regulator fail? I never had 100 psi but I had around 50 psi that I can't regulate through mine.

When the return line is too restrictive, people have a tendency to back the regulator adjustment screw all the way out to get the pressure down. By removing all the preload like that, the pressure might not rise correctly. If you can't get the pressure under 50psi, you should increase the screw to, say, 51psi, so it's preloaded correctly.

Hmm.... Makes sense. I have to try when I get the car back together.

When the return line is too restrictive, people have a tendency to back the regulator adjustment screw all the way out to get the pressure down. By removing all the preload like that, the pressure might not rise correctly. If you can't get the pressure under 50psi, you should increase the screw to, say, 51psi, so it's preloaded correctly.
I was just about finished reading all of the posts, and was about to say this exact thing.

I've seen this more than once with various regulators. A few times the regulator was backed off so far the fuel pressure would only rise 1-2psi at 16-17psi boost. The problem wasn't the regulator though.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Back