You can type here any text you want

billet aluminium Fuel pressure regulator FAIL

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Lol

Which regulator are you using currently? Is it the Accufab or the billet reg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I switched back to the ACUFAB, the billet started failing, I gotta return it. It was only on for about 2 weeks.

I wonder if it is my problem too. Mine stopped rising with boost. I have a Bosch 237 regulator I will try when I get my return line install complete

I wonder if it is my problem too. Mine stopped rising with boost. I have a Bosch 237 regulator I will try when I get my return line install complete
That's what it did, wouldn't rise with boost, it held at 40, but that was it. When I switched back to ACUFAB, along with upgraded return line, I got that violent spool that I love and FP rose one for one with boost.

So your Accufab is solid? I have been hearing people say that there was quality problems with them also. I may look into one of those for a replacement

Bullshit, I don't know what the hell your talking about. I bought it from turbo tweak and the other from Cottons. The one from Cotton(ACUFAB) held up, the other did not. Stop taking outta your ass.

point out where in this thread that you stated where you bought the one that failed and what brand it is other than "billet", then maybe i might think about apologizing for hurting your feelings.

also, i just checked the turbotweak site and nowhere on the page for his regulator does it say anything about who makes it, so one has to assume that it's just a cheapie knockoff Asia special from the People's Fuel Pressure Regulator Factory #12 that he sells thru his online store.

Not taking any sides, but I was kinda thrown off by your original comment. I think everyone was on the same page here when he posted a pic of the billet reg he was using. Nothing was mentioned about an Amazon cheap part??? I even began participating in this threAd due to the same problem with the same part. I think everyone recognizes that one in the pic as Kirbans. IJS

I switched back to the ACUFAB, the billet started failing, I gotta return it. It was only on for about 2 weeks.
If that regulator in the pic is 2-3 weeks old...that was the roughest 2-3 week life a regulator coulda lived. That thing looks years old. If you return it and they feel it was not installed properly...you may be out of luck. Kirbans regulators are top notch. That is a Kirban. The diaphragm is the only thing inside it, along with a spring. They work way better at high boost levels than the Accufab units I have had.
I sold my spare or I coulda told you for sure, but I think you can switch the diaphragms from one to the other. Bison may know for sure.

I've been running the Kirban regulator for almost a decade at 25psi plus without one issue. Not even a new diaphragm yet. This one may look like a Kirban unit but it doesn't mean it is.

I've been running the Kirban regulator for almost a decade at 25psi plus without one issue. Not even a new diaphragm yet. This one may look like a Kirban unit but it doesn't mean it is.

I just bought a used Kirban Regulator and no issues here. Replaced the old stock FPR that was modified to be adjustable.
X2 on the Kirban look a like. Here is one that PTE sells.

Attachments

• 1416179142252.jpg
    1416179142252.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 123
If that regulator in the pic is 2-3 weeks old...that was the roughest 2-3 week life a regulator coulda lived. That thing looks years old. If you return it and they feel it was not installed properly...you may be out of luck. Kirbans regulators are top notch. That is a Kirban. The diaphragm is the only thing inside it, along with a spring. They work way better at high boost levels than the Accufab units I have had.
I sold my spare or I coulda told you for sure, but I think you can switch the diaphragms from one to the other. Bison may know for sure.

I was running new return line thru the frame, my hands were filthy, but Ya it's only 2 weeks old. ACUFABs holding up, so I'll stick with it for now.

I just bought a used Kirban Regulator and no issues here. Replaced the old stock FPR that was modified to be adjustable.
X2 on the Kirban look a like. Here is one that PTE sells.
Thats not a look alike...that is the same regulator. Most of the vendors of Buick items sell each others items. Kirban has them made, but they are available other places.

Not trying to offend anyone but something seems wrong here. Both of these regulators have been used since mobby dick was a minnow and never had problems. I have one of each for at least 10 years. Something has changed to have all these issues in the last while. Both regulators are having issues. I wonder about the quality of fuel today, like oil has changed so has our fuel and the % of alcohol; in certain areas is different. Just a thought

I may have just got a dud, but that's why I posed the question. Wasn't trying to pass some Chinese knock off or poke the vendor in the eye; just wanted others take on this fpr.

Same here.... I just thought it was funny that we were pretty much having the same exact problem

I just caught this thread......

unit appears to be ours....100% Made in the USA by the same individual for us for over 20 years. We have had very very few issues with them. matter of fact we have sold over several thousands of them in the Mustang world and those owners refer to it as the billet one as they have no idea its from a Buick company since we sell to major Mustang suppliers. As someone has pointed out unit looks over 3 weeks old.

if you purchased it direct from us (kirban performance) we can replace it....or if you got it elsewhere you can purchase a new diapgham or return it to whoever you got it from. Again no idea where you got it to determine who would stand behind it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

keep in mind some others may look like ours....I never had any logo put on our units....

unit appears to be ours....100% Made in the USA by the same individual for us for over 20 years. We have had very very few issues with them. matter of fact we have sold over several thousands of them in the Mustang world and those owners refer to it as the billet one as they have no idea its from a Buick company since we sell to major Mustang suppliers. As someone has pointed out unit looks over 3 weeks old.

if you purchased it direct from us (kirban performance) we can replace it....or if you got it elsewhere you can purchase a new diapgham or return it to whoever you got it from. Again no idea where you got it to determine who would stand behind it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

keep in mind some others may look like ours....I never had any logo put on our units....

Where do you purchase a new diaphram for this regulator? Are these the same for the accufab regulators? I have disassembled my diaphram and have not seen any damage to it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I didn't order this one from you guys, I normally do, but I was in a hurry. By the way, you guys still taking powermaster units?

Clarifications...

This fuel pressure regulator is made in the US. It has worked well for many people over the years. My regulator does not come from Kirban, but the manufacturer also makes them for Kirban, so it's the same regulator.

I provide my own warranty. The original poster emailed me about a warranty a week ago. I said I would rebuild it or replace it as necessary, no charge. The original poster has already mentioned that the damage was probably self inflicted, due to running at least 100psi though it from a restricted return line. However, my warranty still stands.

Easy peasy lemon sqeezy... :)

Regards,
Eric

So both "fails" came after running very high fuel pressure through them.:whistle:

Back