You can type here any text you want

Billet main, can they go in without doing anything??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fbodlovr

1/4 Mile Freak
I just won a billet center main for a gn on ebay, and it is the same one that the vendors on here sell from pro gram engineering. I was wondering if you had to do anything to the engine to put these in. I got the engine from a guy on the board here, and I dont want to do anything major to it until i get it in so i can verify everything works correctly. I thought if i could just drop those in without doing anything, that wouldnt be a big issue. But if i have to have anything done to the block, ill just keep it and use it on the next engine build. I got it for 53 shipped new, thats a pretty dood deal, isnt it?!

Its not just a drop in deal. You have to have the block completely disassembled and line honed with the new caps.

Sounds like a good deal though.

Yup I originally thought these were somehow a bolt-in deal until I read more about them. Completely disassembly and machine shop job. :(

The block needs to be machined for the steel caps and the "register" set properly. It then needs to be align bored and then honed to the final specs.

Total labor costs are about 3 times the price of the caps, plus the cost of a main stud kit.

If it works for you, then go out and buy some powerball tickets 'cause you are the luckiest man alive. :D

Back