You can type here any text you want

Black Bilstein Shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dsa87gn

I'm gearing up for front suspension "freshen up" for spring time.
I am going to go with bilstein shocks all around. After seeing some threads about black ones being available, I sent summit a question:

--------------------
My Question:
I am intersted in Some bilstein shocks for my 87 buick grand national. Part number F4B360949HO (front) and
F4B460929H0(rear). Do you have part numbers for these shocks that are BLACK in color? I hear Bilstein is offering these shocks in black now.

Their answer:
I spoke with Bilstein this morning, as was informed that they do not offer the shocks is black. We do have the shocks available for the GN here:

Front Bilstein F4B360949H0 - Bilstein Heavy-Duty Series Shocks - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Back Bilstein F4B460929H0 - Bilstein Heavy-Duty Series Shocks - Overview - SummitRacing.com

We appreciate your business.
Thank you,
Summit Racing Equipment
----------------

So, I assume the black ones available are being painted by outside parties ?:confused:

anyways..besides the new Bilstein shocks all around, Im also doing

Upper and Lower Front Control Arm bushings
Upper and Lower Ball Joints
Front springs, Moog 5606? (I have newer Moog Cargo Coils in rear)
Sway Bar bushings
New End Links
New bump Stops

Anyone add anything else before I order all this stuff ?

Im not 100% sure on springs and seems to be lots of debate.:rolleyes:

I'm gearing up for front suspension "freshen up" for spring time.
I am going to go with bilstein shocks all around. After seeing some threads about black ones being available, I sent summit a question:

--------------------
My Question:
I am intersted in Some bilstein shocks for my 87 buick grand national. Part number F4B360949HO (front) and
F4B460929H0(rear). Do you have part numbers for these shocks that are BLACK in color? I hear Bilstein is offering these shocks in black now.

Their answer:
I spoke with Bilstein this morning, as was informed that they do not offer the shocks is black. We do have the shocks available for the GN here:

Front Bilstein F4B360949H0 - Bilstein Heavy-Duty Series Shocks - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Back Bilstein F4B460929H0 - Bilstein Heavy-Duty Series Shocks - Overview - SummitRacing.com

We appreciate your business.
Thank you,
Summit Racing Equipment
----------------

So, I assume the black ones available are being painted by outside parties ?:confused:

anyways..besides the new Bilstein shocks all around, Im also doing

Upper and Lower Front Control Arm bushings
Upper and Lower Ball Joints
Front springs, Moog 5606? (I have newer Moog Cargo Coils in rear)
Sway Bar bushings
New End Links
New bump Stops

Anyone add anything else before I order all this stuff ?

Im not 100% sure on springs and seems to be lots of debate.:rolleyes:
There available in black. You just need to know where to look....:) RCD Classics Applications

are these (summit) performance shocks? does Bilstein have more than one line of shocks? or are all Bilsteins created equal?

what the heck, a distributor gets told by the maker there's no such thing and nothing on the maker's site.
how is that RCD site have such shocks?????

I would like to know this question as well. I did a lot of looking months ago and rcd seems to be the only ones who carry such an item. That would make me believe they are painting them.

Back