You can type here any text you want

Blackout wide upper door window molding

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

88hurstolds

Turbo Olds
What cars came with the wide black molding/weatherstrip on the top of the door like Cutlasses but they aren't chrome?
I thought all GN's came with the thin black bead weatherstrip, at least that's all I've noticed.
Are these part of a WH1 T-type blackout package or did 84-85 cars come with them?

I picked up a set of GN Blackout trim for my '88 Turbo Hurst since I'm going triple black (black interior/exterior and vinyl top) and it came with these, they are mint condition, not a scratch or dent. Usually the Cutlass trim is all goobered up...

What cars came with the wide black molding/weatherstrip on the top of the door like Cutlasses but they aren't chrome?
I thought all GN's came with the thin black bead weatherstrip, at least that's all I've noticed.
Are these part of a WH1 T-type blackout package or did 84-85 cars come with them?

I picked up a set of GN Blackout trim for my '88 Turbo Hurst since I'm going triple black (black interior/exterior and vinyl top) and it came with these, they are mint condition, not a scratch or dent. Usually the Cutlass trim is all goobered up...

Can't say I've ever seen any black olds door toppers...The wide 2" or so trim at the top of the door, all I've even seen is polished stainless, had some a while back and gave them away. Curious myself??

GC

Seller claimed they were from an 87 GN, they are not from an olds. The rear window trim is clearly from a Buick since there is no lower trim and the sides are extended on the bottom, never chromed or annodized and are not painted over chrome.
They are from a Buick Regal pulled from one car, as for which one, not sure...

They did not come on 87 GN's. I have had 3 84's and 2 of them have the wide trim, one did not. I havent seen them on anything but 84's. Not sure if they were a special order or dealer install. It's odd that they werent consistant.

They did not come on 87 GN's. I have had 3 84's and 2 of them have the wide trim, one did not. I havent seen them on anything but 84's. Not sure if they were a special order or dealer install. It's odd that they werent consistant.

Guess that explains why I have seen no OLDS with them!!...Good to know file cabinet stuff!:D

GC

Monte SS came with wide black trim but is different from the olds or Buick. 84 Wh-1 I had did have the wide molding in Black. At least 3 of them I had did. Never seen a 84 GN with the wide black molding on top. I'll poke around out back tomorrow I have a few 84's back there to verify.

Anodize the trim Black. That would look pretty nice & wouldn't flake the paint off like the originals.

The 1984 is the only Buick I saw with the wide upper door molding. The Chrome or Black B pillar molding is also wider than the ones on 85-87 cars.

Back