Blown engine due to alcohol?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, all good. In the middle of the heated discussion with salvage last night, my anti virus and firewall started going off, as "someone" was sending me a virus, and trying to break into my computer.
My IT dept at work is helping to get a handle on the source, then we'll turn it over to the feds. There are new laws about such things, and someone is going to be getting a big surprize. Really stupid to think that this stuff can't be traced, especially when you already know the source.

In the mean time, be careful here. Apparently, if someone doesn't like what you say, they are not above throwing a tantrum your way.

A virus attached to this thread?

That's a good one.

I'm on AOL dialup, they don't allow that stuff. :tongue:

Never talked to you before in my life and now I can see why. :p

Contact Nick or Bruce maybe they can resolve your problem in 48 hours. :rolleyes:

Heated discussion was a simple reply to your thread question, sorry I'm not a mindreader and quite as diplomatic?, it ain't easy to run out of alky. on the street and less likely at the track.

Tons of failsafe ideas out there that can be implemented also. Many of them alluded to in this thread and others. :)

Open the line to the boost solenoid with the low alky. signal or a KR signal is rather easy.

Do a search for the poster's posts in the alky. section as well, you know the guy with the blown alky. motors, might want to ask him what shop that was as well. ;)

I think alcohol injection is one of if not the best modification one can make to the turbo Regal. I purchased my 86 GN new in 1986. For so many years we were limited to approximately 17 #'s boost and could never run the numbers on the street that were run at the track. Nothing is perfect in life and failures can and will occur. Asking valid questions pertaining to possible Alcohol injection failures is valid although I have not heard of a single failure relating to an alcohol injection system from those friends who I know who have an alky system.

John Purdom said:
Thanks everyone for your thoughts, all good. In the middle of the heated discussion with salvage last night, my anti virus and firewall started going off, as "someone" was sending me a virus, and trying to break into my computer.
My IT dept at work is helping to get a handle on the source, then we'll turn it over to the feds. There are new laws about such things, and someone is going to be getting a big surprize. Really stupid to think that this stuff can't be traced, especially when you already know the source.

In the mean time, be careful here. Apparently, if someone doesn't like what you say, they are not above throwing a tantrum your way.

You are so off the wall its scary. I read your first post and it seemed like you wanted to know if it was easy to run out of alky and blow your motor. Salvage answered you by saying you would have to be an idiot to run out of alky. It also seemed that you were inquiring about blowing up a motor in general using alky and I took what Salvage said as you may find some people on here that will blame their motors blowing up on Alky, when in fact it was because of their tune. Now you are insinuating that Salvage sent you a virus? Good thing the feds are on your case. :rolleyes:

I think the alky guys that designed these kits have gone as far as need be to prevent failures due to silly stuff like low alky and the such. I have a few friends running it and I believe ive been the only one to hurt my motor while running alky. My torque converter decided it was going to become inefficient and the tranny freewheeled after it took apart the pump tagging the limiter at the top of third and as we all know the limiter cuts fuel, but if alky is still sprayed it will create a lean condition, and pop went my HGs. Luckily no damage to the motor and a weekend of work and im back on the road and a lot more concience about shift points ;) These kits are incredible and if 9 out of 10 blown motors are due to alky then they need to learn to keep it off the ragged edge of the tune and be happy at 23-24 instead od 26-27 psi.

Garycar said:
I think alcohol injection is one of if not the best modification one can make to the turbo Regal. I purchased my 86 GN new in 1986. For so many years we were limited to approximately 17 #'s boost and could never run the numbers on the street that were run at the track. Nothing is perfect in life and failures can and will occur. Asking valid questions pertaining to possible Alcohol injection failures is valid although I have not heard of a single failure relating to an alcohol injection system from those friends who I know who have an alky system.

welll are you goin to get with it an try it ???? OR do I have to kick your ass with Melissa's car ??? :eek: :biggrin:

Dan,

the aftermarket computer that I have doesn't recognize the knock detectors signal. Therefore, ignition timing is not pulled back regardless of knock. So I run 110 race gas on the street all the time and yes Malissa's T-Type will easily kick my butt!

Garycar said:
Dan,

the aftermarket computer that I have doesn't recognize the knock detectors signal. Therefore, ignition timing is not pulled back regardless of knock. So I run 110 race gas on the street all the time and yes Malissa's T-Type will easily kick my butt!

Gary she is tryin a new egt ... set it at whatever ya want and it will shut the eng off ... Ill let ya know how its works :cool: