Bolting on ported head with port marched Champion CNC machined stock intake

My stock unopened longblock went 117 with a 6131@27 psi. I think 1KWICKSIX has plenty more to go with his current setup if he adds alky.

You should go to the track to get a base line to compare what the cam and heads do.

Can anyone tell me what kind of performance gains or losses I can expect to experience . Currently running 94 pump gas @ 18-20lbs Boost.
it will be easier to get the air into the motor sooner and should use more fuel at lower boost numbers with higher torque ,however,i would never do heads and cam just to run a lower boost number and really never saw any money justified power gains unless the turbo was all in or near it on a stock motor.to give you an example a stock motor can make the same power as a stock motor with a ported head but the boost levels are very different could be up to a 10lb difference as well.26psi on ported heads vs 33psi on a poor flowing stock head.i remember the days when we ran in the 10s on a stock motor,some of us ran 30+psi and a ton of octane others ran 10s on ported this and that,the difference was the money it took to get it done.on pure 94 pump gas and small turbo i would not put that kind on money in the top end personally,now add octane turn it up then add heads and cam and your investment will start to shine.

6.7 at 105 with a stock short block with a POS 212/212 flat tappet cam on 25 PSI with an easy tune and an easy launch with JB Racing heads. About 10,000 1/8th mile passes at 7 flat at 100 MPH at 23 PSI with the same junk with an easy tune and launch. Unless you're willing to get to the track...and practice...practice...and practice some more...then don't expect much. And you'll have to learn how to tune. Anything less is woulda, coulda shoulda. If all you're gonna run is 18-20 PSI...then you're wasting your time bolting heads on.

Remove the Gen 2 and throw it in Lake Ontario. Order a 5.7 street chip with 20 lbs of fuel and a 112 5.7 race chip with 30 pounds of fuel from Eric. Call me when you're gonna hit the track. I'll show ya' how to tune both chips in 5 minutes. Oh, and have Eric lock the convertor for you with the race chip. When you have the heads off use the RJC shims to bump the compression. Joe has a flow bench...and his out flow the competition.

How you guys like your jb heads? Just came across them and am very interested. Thx.

Haven't bolted mine on yet, but they look Killer & are a work of Art!
Will be a winter project, along with Champion CNC ported stock intake & cam.
Joe B knows knows how to build these engines & how to do it right! (Ain't his first rodeo)
Looks as good & flow as good (if not better than Champion ported irons) and priced right.

How you guys like your jb heads? Just came across them and am very interested. Thx.
ET/MPH and build is in my sig with JB Racing heads. 7 flat all day long at 100 mph on 23 PSI...High/low gear fueling at 800mv...timing 34/26 with Erics 110-112 race chip...easy 1.68 launch.

Vid of yours truly:

Nice run. We have a similar build. I’m on a mild studded/weisco bottom end, 206 ft cam and large valve heads with a 6262dbb. Works well, thinking of going full port and roller set up over the winter aswell.