You can type here any text you want

boost wont go bellow 21lb

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hensleyt

I removed 3in DP and ported elbow and Installed a TA DP.I have the actuator so loose know I cant believe It even builds boost. It is a standard actuator, 12-22, (just pulled the invoice) .With the old pipe I was able to adjust boost up and down.and found 18lb to be my max without to much KR .Vacuum Y is installed correct ,check and double check ,check and double checked boost controller pluming.I know I'm missing something and have did some searching. The real thing that's tripping me up is ,it was 21 lb at my first setting 6 turns on the actuator latter still 21lb .O how do I add my setup at the end of a post? Tim

port match the hole to the puck , leave 1/8" puck coverage all around

to add a signature at bottom of your posts
at top left of page on the header you'll see <User CP> , click that and then from the control panel menu that comes up select <edit signature>

Puck is defiantly 1/8 bigger than hole And I liked the reading on Boost Problems will look at this in next day are two thanks Tim

I removed 3in DP and ported elbow and Installed a TA DP.I have the actuator so loose know I cant believe It even builds boost. It is a standard actuator, 12-22, (just pulled the invoice) .With the old pipe I was able to adjust boost up and down.and found 18lb to be my max without to much KR .Vacuum Y is installed correct ,check and double check ,check and double checked boost controller pluming.I know I'm missing something and have did some searching. The real thing that's tripping me up is ,it was 21 lb at my first setting 6 turns on the actuator latter still 21lb .O how do I add my setup at the end of a post? Tim
What exhaust wheel?

Hp 57

exhaust wheel is HP 57, 64.8mm inducer 56.5 exducer ,Patrick call it a more efficient design of the old T-31

The backpressure is very low and you are not working the turbo anywhere near its hp capability. You can increase the size of the wastegate hole till it is controllable but you will run a different problem if you try to run it near its max if the hole is too large and you are not using an external source of pressure/tension to hold the gate shut.

I wasn't ready to port the turbo yet, I had plenty of adj with the stock ported elbow and kirbans down pipe, I'm on my way to the garage to loosen up the actuator a few more turns I have read where porting that hole has solved this problem. It didn't exist tell I installed the TA pipe I hope some day to take advantage of this turbo and spray Alky .

16 lb

Took the boost seance line off the waste-gate solenoid and plugged it, my boost went to 16lb and held steady all the way too the 2-3 up shift.tried to adj the actuator a little tighter (turban housings at HOT!) Is it time for a new way to control boost?

Take the actuator rod off the waste gate arm and wire the waste gate puck fully open and take it for a ride to see if it makes any boost.This will tell you if you need to port out the waste gate puck hole or not.It should make no or very little boost with the arm wired fully open.Good luck and let us know how you made out,ikle.

Take the actuator rod off the waste gate arm and wire the waste gate puck fully open and take it for a ride to see if it makes any boost.This will tell you if you need to port out the waste gate puck hole or not.It should make no or very little boost with the arm wired fully open.Good luck and let us know how you made out,ikle.

hey did you ever get your boost deal figured out?

Not complety fixed

think I have a issue with the boost solenoid, but have plans to test the wired gate tomorrow I know the hose to the solenoid is good because I plugged the hose at the solenoid and the boost holds steady at 16lb

wastgate wired open

I have the solenoid plugged and shorten rod 4 more turns hit target boost (18lb) creeping up a little .Gate open 0 to 5lb boost to 2500 5lb to 10lb to 3500 at 5500 just got to 15lb. Im sure I have a controller problem.Cant see way the head pipe kept me from being able to adjust boost down .Think it just a fluke it went that way when I changed head pipes .Plan to add Alky before summer, last year ran 12.5 @106 on race gas @ 21 lb with Kirbans pipe ,think it will run 11.9 @ 23-25lb with some tuning Just want to keep boost down on the street and adjust it up for the track.Looking at a Hallmon and Turbosmart controllers I'm still looking for help and appreciate all the suggestions

Back