Braided Brake Line

Crazi

Why Try...
Has anyone ever used these? I need to replace mine cause the rubber is cracking and I can see what is under it. :eek: :eek:

Do these make any sense or should I just go get some from autozone? I just put on some Performance Friction Z rated pads and am going to change the shoes, lines, and bleed the entire system this weekend or next. Thanks

I saw the kit in Jegs or Summitt just wondering myself if they are quality parts and a "simple" bolt in installation.

I would think they should work well I believe the theory is no flexing of the hose under pressure.

Good question. :)

I just had a friend install these for me. I believe he said the install was simple and straight forward. I do have much better pedal feel now. Maybe just because they have been bled?
Anyway, I think they work well.
Brian

I got mine from Russell. Harder pedal compared to worn out oem ones.
HTH
Jim

JEGS has the Russell Kits.

Prolly should buy one for old salvageV6. :)

The GN is prolly gonna get Baer brakes someday, errr someyear. ;)

Well I already stopped by Autozone and picked up rubber ones but may take them back and get braided.

How hard is it to get 16 year old brake lines off? :(

Took the rubber back and got the braided. Been working GREAT so far and I did feel the difference.

Jegs?

Hello,

Whose did you get? I bought the Russel from Jegs and did a moch setup last night. How did you get the rear to fit? My bolt doen't fit that well nor does the line fit the hex end on the frame. How did you fit yours?

TIA!

Bill

An excellent source for all lines/hoses for turbo Buicks is Classic Tube in Lancaster, NY. They do fuel lines, brake lines and braided brake hoses that fit exact, SPECIFICALLY made for GN's.

The person to contact there is Tim. He is the reason for these parts since he has owned a GN for years. Contact info:

1-800-882-3711

www.classictube.com

Great outfit, nice people, another nitche vendor supplying a quality product for our cars.:)

My Russell braided kit fit perfectly, all 3 lines.

One in the back was hard to get off due to serious rust however, but, the braided one replaces the factory line perfectly.