Brake fade on new Powermaster

BuickGNMan

I installed a Kirban rebuilt powermaster (actually it was Cardone rebuilt), and bled the unit at least 5x and the lines at least 8x. Went through 5 small bottles of brake fluid doing the bled. I'm almost positive I have no more air in the system. I do still have alot of brake fade though. The car stops, but I can't get the tires to lock up. It definately stops, but nothing like my original unit when it worked. I had a nice solid pedal with hardly no fade on the original. Is anyone else experiencing problems with Kirban/Cardone's rebuilt units? I've "heard" Cardone shipped out some bad units, but my batch was after the fact (or so Kirban tells me). I'm getting pretty tired of trying to diag a problem on a new unit, and wasting all this time. The pedal goes almost to the floor for me to get a hard stop, and always seems to feel squishy. Driving it in traffic give me an uneasy feeling. Also the brake light will flicker with rapid succession pumps on the pedal. What do you think? Another bad PM unit or just a common issue with these reman units? Oh, I did replace the combo valve already with a brass unit too. Thanks.

I've heard of these issues from rebuilt units as well. I just swent with HydroBoost and never looked back. Best brake system we could possibly put on our cars.