You can type here any text you want

Brake fluid question within MC reservoir

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaulRV6

This is on my 86 GN with the stock master cylinder. I wanted to add brake fluid cause I was a bit low so I pumped the brake pedal 10 times before removing MC cover. I noticed the pass side chamber was quite aerated and discolored compared to the driver side chamber. Is this normal?

Thanks,
paul

Somewhat. repeat that cycle a few times and it should get better

Hi,
I would change the fluid. It is one of the most neglected fluids on a car,and doubtless is ready for a change. Siphon it off,bleed the brakes and you will feel good! DOT 3 is fine.

This is on my 86 GN with the stock master cylinder. I wanted to add brake fluid cause I was a bit low so I pumped the brake pedal 10 times before removing MC cover. I noticed the pass side chamber was quite aerated and discolored compared to the driver side chamber. Is this normal?

Thanks,
paul

changing the fluid at least once a year can do wonders to keep your PM working good---------next time you pump the pedal 10 times to discharge the accum and check the fluid, pump the pedal SLOWLY and it will not end up with so much trapped air

Back