Brakes dragging Wilwood master cylinder

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
So I remember reading this issue here before but I can’t find the thread, I just installed a Wilwood master cylinder when I did my hydro boost conversion and my front wheels are locking up. Here’s the thing I did the conversion and noticed no issues, also did some suspension work at the same time, so I took my car in for a alignment and the guy calls back nd says they can’t properly do the alignment because my front wheels are locked up. I’m thinking what the hell I just drove it there no issues so how ? I drive the car back home no issue, when I’m in gear ideling the car will roll so I’m at a lost what the hell they are talking about. Pull the car in my garage at home and lift it up on my lift and sure as shit I can’t roll the front wheels by hand there locked up ! What is the cause of this issue and how can I fix it ? This car is starting to drive me insane.

Did you check the hydroboost pin to master cylinder clearance. It could be pressing ever so slight. It comes with a piston pin insert you might need to take a little material off of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There is a tool available from MPS brakes, which allows you to verify pin to master cylinder clearances. I'll try to post a pic and the link for ya!

MPS Booster Pin Depth Gauge.jpg

Last edited:
Grind it off. Polish the cut end.
Put the MC on the studs, leaving the nuts loose, push the MC back towards the HB, measure the gap. Start at that dimension to reduce the pin length.