You can type here any text you want

Brakes.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mister5150

Sooo I changed the rotors, calipers, pads, shoes, wheel cylinders, and I still have a brake light and play in my brake pedal, after all the work I've done this is the only thing holding me up won't pass e test with light and mushy pedal, I know the brake system is somewhat different due to vacuum on the t buicks, any suggestions would help thanks guys.

The brake light comes on when the proportioning valve shows a difference in pressures from the front to back. This can either be because of the valve being stuck, air in the lines, or a bad master cylinder. Start by bleeding the brakes first and go from there.;)

This may be obvious, but thought I would ask if you bench bled the master cylinder first?

I had nobody to assist me in bleeding, however myself and some well placed contraptions I think I got All the air out, I did have one blown wheel cylinder, the car seems to stop great aside from the pedal travel and brake light, I Know were and what a traditional proportioning valve looks like.. not in the usual spot on this car, any other components I should check or replace?

find someone to help you bleed it. maybe pull the master cylinder off and bench bleed it before moving on to the rest of the system.

FIXED!! Soooooo much air in the line that had the busted wheel cylinder, almost two hours of pumping..... New master cylinder just in case, thank you all for the advice and direction I just needed to be more persistent.

Back