You can type here any text you want

Break in of new engine with full roller setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Ok got to the stage where I'm very close to fire up my newly built engine (89 TTA), it's been totaly reworked, machined, blueprinted etc.

It got a roller cam setup (CompCam cam and lifters) along with Harland Sharp roller rockers. Roller cam chain setup.

I understand, but like to confirm, I do not need to do the "normal" break in as you do with a flat tappet cam setup correct?

I will use the additive in the mineral oil I'm using (not synthetic) as I believe this is a good move even if I do not have a flat tapped cam.

Any advice, recommendations or should I just fire it up and let it run until normal operating temperature and the shut off to cool down and change oil and filter?

start it up check for leaks and then drive it. put 50-100 miles on it and change oil. No need for breakin like a flat tappet needs.

Start it up...check for leaks then...take it out right away and get into a little boost 5-8 PSI(several times)...helps to seat the rings...

Back