You can type here any text you want

Brutal June?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
Last weekend I was fortunate to be in California for a long weekend at the Bates Buick event, while in Phoenix record temps almost reached 120 degrees. :eek:

This past week has been nice with only daytime 100, and in the 70's at night.

By Saturday we will see a few days at 119, and nothing under 110 degrees for the rest of the month? :(

Usually we see these temps in July and August, but not normal in June.

The work schedule changes as we will start a 6-7 AM and are done by noon, but we can catch another couple hours in the evening if needed w/o cooking.

The pool is available if needed to keep body temps under control. :)

I am not complaining, as a 60 degree day is cold to me, and no way do I ever want to encounter snow again!

120 vs snow? I'll take snow! You can always get warm but it's a lot harder to get cool.

Funny 60 degrees is too hot for me and except for car eating road salt I love the cold. 40 degrees is t shirt weather 30 is hoodie weather 20 is t shirt long sleve and hoodie weather and under 20 is snowmobile jacket. 0 is time to break out thermals. Love the cold. Hot & humid sucks. Sunburn sucks.

I used to need a sweater at 60-65 degrees.

Now I can wear shorts in 40-50 degree weather.

Snow is nice to look at, but shovels suck!

I was in San Antonio in the middle of July a bunch of years ago. 104-107 degrees of that nice dry heat. They can have it! Never turned the A/c in the rental car off Max and drank water like it tasted good. Yes, I prefer winter here in Michigan.

You know my grandfather used to tell my brother and I that the heat was an honest measuring stick....he lied!!

Mid/hi 90's for several days here. 1 day at 100*.....No such thing as "low humidity". Low is 30-40%.
It still beats -15* in Peoria!! :wtf: At least since 1973, it has!
I lived in Nicks area...Palm Springs.... Just like he describes.

Yes heat (hot) is always worse then the cold, and I can prove it. There is NO ice in hell

I was in San Antonio in the middle of July a bunch of years ago. 104-107 degrees of that nice dry heat. They can have it! Never turned the A/c in the rental car off Max and drank water like it tasted good. Yes, I prefer winter here in Michigan.

Have a buddy in Tempe who is always trying to get me to visit. I tell him it's just too danged hot for this Ohio boy. He then says " But Johnnie, it's a DRY heat, not like the crap you have inOhio." And I say " Yeah, it's a dry heat all right, just like my oven. I can't comprehend walking around in an oven...... You know, .'dry heat' and all ".....

Here is how to deal with 115 degrees!

POOL TIME AT 115 DEG!.jpg

It is 2:00 PM and only 117 degrees, but it will top out at least 118 deg.

At that temp and with humidity at 6%, it will burn you fast even in a pool.

We do get relief tonight as the low temp should be 80 degrees!

TEMP.jpg

Damn,and thats in the shade. What is the temp in the full sun?

Unknown... Nobody stands in the full sun.

After living in Arizona, you select parking places by instinctively knowing which spot will shade your car the longest.

I'll take the heat any day over cold weather. Cold sucks.

You can only put on so many layers of clothing....

And besides, you never have to shovel sunshine. :cool:

Back