You can type here any text you want

Brutal June?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
went thru Phx sat, on my way home from tuscon, towing a car trailer,(and car)
temp was 116, and a/c was on max. I did a lazer temp on the trailer tires,
is 160 degrees ok? I slowed down, to below 60mph, even poured water on trailer
tires! made it to "COOL" Kingman, about 7 pm, was 95 here,
but..... today temp says 110, we almost never get temps that high,
and I'll take sun/heat any day over snow!!!!!!

Love weekday snow storms, stay home from work drink whiskey and fire up the base station cb and listen to all the pissed off truckers :ROFLMAO:

I spend my summers in the pool with lots of big umbrellas for shade and a pitcher of Margaritas to drink all day. I have an AC unit in the detached garage and it was nice to be able to spend a few hours wrenching on the LeSabre. Hopefully it will be ready to fire by the fall, but my electric bill will be going up for sure. I have zero desire to take the GN out, which sucks because I'm finally knocked most of the kinks out of it and was finally enjoying it. The nice thing is that we don't have to shovel snow or deal with icy roads in our inclement weather. We can also visit snow all we want in the winter. It is just a 2 hour drive north. I spent last week in Redondo Beach and miss the weather of my former home. That being said the overpopulation there is frustrating as hell!

I guess I'm in the minority as I will take the cold weather over hot any day. I just don't easily get cold. It take a really deep chill and a long time. Thyroid a little on the too active side, but not enough to need treatment.
I was working outside replacing my front porch steps. Got done with those and then cut an acre and a half of grass. Ninety-plus degrees, dew pt 80 F. I thought I was drinking enough water, but I developed a bad headache, with nausea, and I was sweating with goosebumps. If that ever happens to you, *stop* what you are doing and get to a cool place. Those symptoms are a a precursor to heat exhaustion. I'm just sayn'.......

When Nick came out for the Bates show, He stopped by my house in Huntington Beach, CA. The temps were probably in the eighties.
He was wearing a jacket and looked like his teeth were chattering.:D

I guess it's just what you're used to...

Best summer we had here in upstate NY in years. We're going to Arizona when I retire!

Back