Buck Section of the GM Performance Parts Catalog

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
I am in the process of moving and came across a bunch of Buick related articles. Not sure about copy right issues but here goes the Buick Section of the Catalog. Not sure of the year but the $3.95 price on the cover suggests a while back.

SCAN0057.jpg

SCAN0058.jpg

SCAN0059.jpg

SCAN0060.jpg

SCAN0061.jpg

SCAN0062.jpg

Cool man, think I remember that from years back. Be nice if it was still in production.

I work on the marketing team at GMPP ...

I just called my sources over at GM Racing, the folks that developed and tooled up for all of these parts. They last made Stage 1 and Stage 2 V6 Buick blocks in '91 or '92. There is still some cylinder head tooling left, but the the block tooling is long gone.

Of course, I also asked about production tooling for blocks and heads. And the answer was the same - gone forever.

S.R.

I work on the marketing team at GMPP ...

I just called my sources over at GM Racing, the folks that developed and tooled up for all of these parts. They last made Stage 1 and Stage 2 V6 Buick blocks in '91 or '92. S.R.

Not sure how they define "made"? :confused:

The last run of 25 stage II blocks were machined and for sale in 1999, and the list price was $2500. They sold out in a few months.

We first started the TA block program in early 1999 because of Buick ending production then.

As far as tooling, it would be worthless with todays high tech production and machining methods. :)

"Made": sold, released, ready-for-sale, distributed through the GM dealer network, etc.

Bobby Cross told me that they last produced them in '92.

The run in '99 might have been a batch that were not final machined until that date? Or, Bob, who oversaw the project, may have just forgotten the date. I'm not sure, and I never followed it.

Mr. Cross did have some nice things to say about your product and appreciated you continuing the availability of a high-po V6 Buick block.

Thanks.

From my recollections from 10 years ago, we are both right. :D

The last batch of 25 stage II blocks were machined in 1999, and had been cast prior to that date, probably '91 or '92 like he said. :)

Also, glad to see someone else likes white T's with chrome. I ordered mine like that, but with a blue bucket interior. Even though it is now a garage queen with 9K miles, it is NOT for sale! :cool: