budget roller cam fiasco?

Ya, it's popular nowadays to play victim, and say others aren't doing, or didn't do enough, rather then accepting the brutality of understanding what *No Warranty* actually means.

Well I didn't PLAY victim I WAS!!!! a victim and just for your information my cam set up DID!! have a Warranty Card with it. You should get one and read it.I did not buy this cam set up for racing purposes , so it DOES have a limited warranty. I'm probably one of the DAMN FEW that got a FULL refund for this WORTHLESS cam set up (not to mention the BRAND NEW $5000 short block and BRAND NEW pt-52 that were absolutely DESTROYED in 501 miles)and that's because I DO!! UNDERSTAND a Warranty and made them PTE stand behind it. :mad: :eek: :D Time Heals ALL wounds: ALMOST.

Three of my racing buddies lost their engines using budget roller cams. Just the word budget scared me off. These days I also shy away from any racing parts that have China stamped on them.
Jeff

ive had good luck with the 4 or 5 comp rollers ive installed.i was originally skeptical about the appearance of the lobes and the type of material they used.my skepticism was based on the way all other rollers i had previously used appeared to be billet and not a cast cam core type.the steel roller on the lifter must run against a materia of the same finish or toughness otherwise rapid wear will result.what company originally produced this failure prone cam core?

m233roller said:
Well I didn't PLAY victim I WAS!!!! a victim and just for your information my cam set up DID!! have a Warranty Card with it. You should get one and read it.I did not buy this cam set up for racing purposes , so it DOES have a limited warranty. I'm probably one of the DAMN FEW that got a FULL refund for this WORTHLESS cam set up (not to mention the BRAND NEW $5000 short block and BRAND NEW pt-52 that were absolutely DESTROYED in 501 miles)and that's because I DO!! UNDERSTAND a Warranty and made them PTE stand behind it. :mad: :eek: :D Time Heals ALL wounds: ALMOST.

So you got a full refund, and are still complaining?.
It's a racing part, it doesn't matter how *you* used it.

nisnutz said:
Bruce your a retard it's not about a warranty on race parts,It's about a defective part.For someone who claims such intelligence you're a tool!!!!

See my comment about Fast with Class.
Got a link for where I've claimed *such intelligence*?. In case you missed the memo, lies never work out well, for the teller. A link or an admission that you're lying would seem appropriate.
Thanks, for demonstrating how name calling is being substituted for intelligent conversation nowadays.

Never give in !!!

A few of you must have your head in your jock strap. I'm sure the 2 vendors would love to see this topic die. I'll remind people anytime a subject comes up that I can relate the budget cams to.

I think Bruce has a one track mind IT"S A RACING PART. You DAMN right I'm still complaining as you have NO idea what I went threw to get my refund and don't forget the $5700 shot in the A-S. Racing part or not READ!! the WARRANTY!! Anyway this is getting way off of the original post.Just to put my two cents in on the rods, I really have no doubt that they are and will be a good piece.

wow, defective part and racing part are 2 different things.....NO WARRANTY? Defective part.....hmmmmm
If its junk to start with, its junk
Glad that was before my Buick time or Id have lost an engine to it oo

It's a race part. It is your own problem if it caused thousands in damage. Even if it had a 100% failure rate. :rolleyes: I should have just paid someone to dump a bucket of sand in the engine.

I have moved on, but that is definately the worst vendor experience I have EVER had. And would never spend one red cent with them again.

m233roller said:
Just to put my two cents in on the rods, I really have no doubt that they are and will be a good piece.

Well, hopefully there are others that aren't so willing to try and put the vendors out of business as you are. For those that are harboring this pent up anger over it, well, hopefully you'll have a good cardialogist around when you need one.

Are you talking about the new rods?.
Seems like your repeating yourself, by assuming they're going to be a good piece.

I'll wait and see if they turn out to be worthwhile before, buying them sight unseen, and untested. BTW, judging a couple set of pre-production, or early production rods as being good, is EXACTLY the same thing that happened with the cams. Hopefully they have them right, but I'm going to wait for some results.

bruce said:
It's not a matter of *warming up*, it's a matter of understanding, NO WARRANTY on Racing Parts. If you can't accept that, that's your problem.

If you want to get upset about it, and forever be upset by it, you'll probably make a cardialogist, even richer.

"NO WARRANTY on Racing Parts"
That has to be the stupidest response I have ever heard in my entire life. The fact that some moron would believe and post such dribble is beyond me.

Negligence needs no warranty. If I sell you a light bulb, with no warranty mind you, that I know for an absolute fact will explode and burn your house down. Do you think I am to blame even though I wrote no warranty on light bulbs all over the box? Or will "there is no warranty on light bulbs" be a good enough excuse for the loss.

Steve

I'm doing my part. I'll never buy any valvetrain parts from comp cams again. IMO they are the ones who are ultimately responsible for this. They ground a cam that they said would hold up, in most cases it didn't.

I didn't buy the budget cam. I was scared and didn't take the chance to save a few hundred $$$. Turns out I made the right decision.

I have used several other items from comp like countless boxes of springs and roller lifters, all mostly junk. So the budget cam doesn't suprise me.

Guys,
Here is a WARNING!!! WATCH IT !! when you buy any upgraded turbo, injectors, bigger throttle body, alky kit, on and on and on as these are ALL RACE ITEMS and will HAVE NO WARRANTY !!!!!!!!! My last post on this as we all seem to agree on whats black & white, EXCEPT!!! the W A R R A N T Y KID. :confused: :eek: :mad: :confused: :D

bruce said:
It's not a matter of *warming up*, it's a matter of understanding, NO WARRANTY on Racing Parts. If you can't accept that, that's your problem.

If you want to get upset about it, and forever be upset by it, you'll probably make a cardialogist, even richer.

I believe that the legal system states that every product sold has an "implied warranty" which means that the product will perform in a way that it was intended.
Jeff

V6 Beast said:
"NO WARRANTY on Racing Parts"
That has to be the stupidest response I have ever heard in my entire life. The fact that some moron would believe and post such dribble is beyond me.

Negligence needs no warranty. If I sell you a light bulb, with no warranty mind you, that I know for an absolute fact will explode and burn your house down. Do you think I am to blame even though I wrote no warranty on light bulbs all over the box? Or will "there is no warranty on light bulbs" be a good enough excuse for the loss.

Steve

Thanks for further documenting how the *Fast with Class* motto is just a fond memory, and that rather then intelligent discussion, name calling is an accepted form of expression around here.

Your *example* is just beyond comment, in that it infers people knew ahead of time, that the cams would fail. If you can PROVE that, I'd like to hear the evidence, if not, then your *example* is just nonsensical.

It was an *Econo* cam, intial testing claimed to have positive results. Long term it didn't last, well with new ideas sometimes come failures, it's a fact of life. Things might now always go the way you want, life just isn't fair, you can move along, or harbor all the anger you want, which ain't going to do a thing other then discourage anyone from trying to do something new.

Long term it didn't last, well with new ideas sometimes come failures, it's a fact of life. Things might now always go the way you want, life just isn't fair, you can move along, or harbor all the anger you want, which ain't going to do a thing other then discourage anyone from trying to do something new.[/QUOTE]

So I guess if you happen to purchase a new car that is also a new model and it ends up being a lemon you wont pursue the matter because that would discourage new ideas?Right? :confused:

nisnutz said:
So I guess if you happen to purchase a new car that is also a new model and it ends up being a lemon you wont pursue the matter because that would discourage new ideas?Right? :confused:

It would depend, since *lemon* convers alot of ground.
How about being a little bit more specific, when you talk in sweeping generalities, it's hard to keep the subject from wondering.

Dusty Bradford said:
I have used several other items from comp like countless boxes of springs and roller lifters, all mostly junk.

You're right about their *quality control*. For years I'd used their stuff, but then after a long pause started using them again, and had 3 out of 12 springs fail, and several roller lifters that were *sealed* shut.