You can type here any text you want

Buicks at Byron on Oct 24th

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tweeked6

Tsm RRA
Staff member
Just for some info the Chicagoland Buick club will be at Byron Oct 24 for some racing. I hope to see some of the area racers. Possibly Turbocliff and Billdogg? Could be the last racing of the season on the track that is.

Steve,

Heard your car put out some good numbers at the dyno session. Looking forward to seeing it perform well at the track.

:D

I was already planning on being there. Hopefully I can better my best time before the car get's taken apart for a paint job this winter.

Tweeked6, have I met you before?

Billdogg, yup...... we have met and we also have a common friend with a silver LS1 that has issues? Glad to see another Buick coming.

Alright, I kinda thought you were Chad's buddy after I thought about it. Were you the one that sent him the power 6 fax? That was hilarious.

Billdogg, yea that was me that sent him the fax. I don't think he really liked that one. I also have some fake GN emblems I need to put on his work truck just for giggles. I like to give him crap about losing to a GN. I wanted to set up a race with him for this Sunday at Byron, but it ain't gonna happen. Ask him about a bucket of chicken sometime.:D

Hey what time does it start and end, the chicagoland message board is down I forgot all about the event.

I do believe that the gates open at 9am and testing starts at 10am. Normally racing starts at about 1pm and finishes up about 3pm or so. Testing normally resumes afterward for a while. I normally get about 5-8 slow passes when I go. Hope to see you there Craig.

High of 62 degrees sunny and 0% chance of rain. If the weather man is right it should be a great day.

It was good to see eveyone out there today, despite the rediculous amount of other cars and clubs that were running, but I can't complain, Byron did their best to keep the lanes moving. After I broke out of my dial in by a full second :D in round 1, I was able to go into the test and tune lanes and make 3 more passes for the day, one of which almost sending my paint onto the wall :eek: But other than that I had a good time. I could watch buicks make passes all day long!!!! :)

-Cliff

I guess since I ran with the clocks on, I might consider putting my ET in my sig....;)

Yup. A lot of cars, but it wasn't the tracks fault. Saturday got rained out, so the clubs got pushed to Sunday.

I got a new best of 12.7, so I was happy to end the season on a good note.

Cliff, I saw that pass. How close to the wall did you get? Did you get your goal for the day? And yes, post your ET. :D

Good job Bill! - I don't think I really got too close to the wall, it was really just that the cars was aiming at it- LOL

But yes, I ended up running some times that I liked :cool:

I'll send you links to the vids whenever my buddy puts them up-

Just a "lil" close Cliff ;) Fun times, nice to see all the GN's out representing!!!

Don-

Sorry, Billdogg, but Chicagoland club was scheduled to run on Sunday, not Saturday. Sometimes it's a pain when you make arrangements months in advance for your group, and can't even start your racing for 3 hours!

ShariB

I think he meant the other clubs that were scheduled for saturday was part of the reason that Byron was overbooked. Like the lightning club, midwest f body association, import club, and the NMRA class racing... Lucky for us, at least the Rockford Racing that was scheduled for Saturday didnt roll over into sunday too, other wise I would have had to run clocks off all day ;)

just kidding Bill-

the lightneing club, and f body were both scheduled for sun.

I think it was just the nmra, and the import guys that were scheduled for sat;)

After I broke out of my dial in by a full second

You didn't have 12.05 for your dial in did you? I got that on tape if you want it;)

Back