Building boost with every shift?

Gmachine

I'm having an overboost problem big time! I've changed out my accuator with a friends that worked well on his car. It seems to build boost fine till it locks the converter and she starts to climb again from there. I have upgraded to a multi disc P/I, but had already had a single disc in the car before. I'm just getting tired of letting out of it when it's getting ready to lock up!

Ryan

you're not helping us much by not letting us know what you are running for turbo, downpipe, chip, etc

if I had to guess, I would say you need to port the wastegate hole in the exhaust housing

i noticed my car makes more boost under TC lockup as well. Its putting more load on the motor thus letting it make more boost but I'm no expert and am curious to see what others say as well.

boost will go up with egt unless controlled....the egt gets hotter at max engine load (ie 3rd gear) ......and egt goes up in each gear

Maybe I could tag along with your thread if you don't mind, Ryan. I was about to post the same Q.

I'm running an ATR adjustable bleeder valve off the stock Y-splitter, stock adjustable wastegate rod, stock turbo, stock convertor, stock intercooler, Eric chip with alky. I hit 20# in 1st, 22# in 2nd, 23# in 3rd. The timing of the chip does decrease in each gear, so that may affect things.

Other than switching to BstC, is there anything else I can try with my setup to get consistent boost at all gears?

retarding timing will increase egt and probably boost somewhat.....

if your wastegate is working properly, you should have consistent boost in all gears

try directly looping the compressor and wastegate and controlling boost with the wastegate rod only

I use this method and my boost is solid

my combo is 3"ATR, no cat, PT49, 3500 P/I multi disc, 009's, RA 107 chip, strech I/C. I was running around 22-23 #'s dlast night, but it would jump to 25-26 at lock-up! I have no idea if I need to get the chip reprogramed for the LU converter or what? It's had this problem for quite some time now. It seemed to be worse with the ATR bleeder unit. So I went back to the adjustable waste gate. The flapper is loose on the DP, so maybe opening the hole would help?

Ryan