Built 92 GMC Typoon trade for a Built GN or t-type

thunderace31

Banned
Well I love my Buicks and I sold my old t-type and got a Typhoon I like it its a fun truck but I have decided Id rather have another t-type or GN that runs the same #'s or faster :)
This ty is #1606 mods are below. It went 11.42 at 116 mph with a crapy 60 foot of 1.94 with a low boost (5psi) launch so there is more in the truck :D

Trade value is $15,000 so Im looking for something of like value in a T or GN I do prefer white Turbo t's I dont care if they are t-tops or not Needs to have a good build on the engine and at least a 67mm Ball Bearing turbo and a built trans. Roll Cage is also ok but has to have a full interior as I do have 2 boys to put in the back :)

Ill get some more photos tomorrow of the inside and the engine bay :)

1992 Typhoon #1606

Stock block
Nitride d stock crank
L35 heads
Eagle forged rods
TRW forged pistons
Harland Sharp 1.5/1 roller rockers
Crane Hydraulic Roller Cam
Melling Oil pump
PTE51 turbo w/3" downpipe and cutout - internal wastegate w/new actuator rod
RPM 3" stainless exhaust (I have it dumping out right in front of rear axle)
RPM Dual Electric Fans with Aluminum upper/lower shroud
Edelbrock water pump
A2A front mount intercooler - polished piping/Treadstone performance silicone connectors
Knockoff HKS SSQV blow off valve
Manual boost controller set to 15psi (rock solid)
60# injectors
180 deg thermostat
Jeep steering shaft from board member fivetodrive
Kenne Bell AFPR

Exterior

Repainted in March '09 with Sikkens Arctic White (Corvette white)
Body is in mint shape
Clear corner lenses
HID headlights
Black GMC grill letters
Shaved "escutcheons"
New Gray Typhoon logos (GMC Truck Motorsports on tailgate)
Brand new PPG windshield and molding
New wipers and wiper arms
Rear wiper delete
Roof rack shaved
Morxchn style Gunmetal Z06 wheels w/polished lip (17x9.5 all four corners)
Federal SS595 275/40/17 tires (maybe 300 miles)
All new plastic rivets attaching the cladding

Interior
9 out of 10
Seats are in excellent shape - very little sign of wear
NO cracks in dash whatsoever
Carpeting is perfect
3 gauge pillar pod (Ultimate display, autometer boost/vac, tranny temp) - tranny temp not hooked up
New headliner
Manual fan override switch

Miscellaneous
Camball automotive 16 postion chip 6 street settings and 6 110 octane settings and 4 116 octane settings (Currant setting is # 6 for 110 octane
A/C delete
ABS delete
Cruise control delete
Tranny cooler mounted to core support w/aluminum brackets
Jeg's small radiator catch can mounted where vapor canister used to be
New stock style radiator
built 700R4 tranny - have receipts
Bilstein shocks - installed by previous owner
Belltech 3" drop leaf springs w/1" blocks and pinion correcting wedges (bought from Jags That Run)
Front lowered by turning torsion bars
New power steering pump/pulley
Optima Red top battery
K&N 3" air filter
3" Cobra elbow off the turbo
Completely rebuilt turbo in April 09 (bearings/seals)
Polished Typhoon plate on upper intake
New stock style distributor, ignition module, coil
Just did tune up - new cap, rotor, plugs (NGK UR6 gapped to .28), wires (Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro),
fuel filter
ALDL cable for datalogging
New GM knock sensor
ECM relocated to glove box for easy access
K&N Breather filters on both valve covers - NO PCV
New GM torsion bar mounts
Tons of new hardware throughout the truck
RPM Braided turbo oil drain line with -AN fittings
RPM Brake Booster hose

Attachments

• !B(DD8Z!Bmk~$(KGrHgoOKjoEjlLmErDsBK,R7nCc2!~~_3.jpg
    !B(DD8Z!Bmk~$(KGrHgoOKjoEjlLmErDsBK,R7nCc2!~~_3.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 3,319
  • !B(DE!Yg!2k~$(KGrHgoOKiYEjlLmfcsHBK,R75TYn!~~_3.jpg
    !B(DE!Yg!2k~$(KGrHgoOKiYEjlLmfcsHBK,R75TYn!~~_3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 3,322
  • !B(DEDQwB2k~$(KGrHgoOKjgEjlLmYUWJBK,R8J2rw!~~_3.jpg
    !B(DEDQwB2k~$(KGrHgoOKjgEjlLmYUWJBK,R8J2rw!~~_3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 3,306
Nice looking truck. Too bad it is not closer to value for my blue T.
Good luck with the sale.

Brian

Here are some more photos I just took them about 5 min ago :)
Not that great but the wife has me cleaning the yard and I just had time for what I got and to post them up :)

Attachments

• P1050076.jpg
    P1050076.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 3,207
  • P1050077.jpg
    P1050077.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 3,208
  • P1050078.jpg
    P1050078.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 3,199
  • P1050079.jpg
    P1050079.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3,202
  • P1050080.jpg
    P1050080.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,199
Here are some more with the engine :)

Attachments

• P1050081.jpg
    P1050081.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 3,183
  • P1050082.jpg
    P1050082.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 3,176
  • P1050083.jpg
    P1050083.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 3,172
  • P1050084.jpg
    P1050084.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3,166
  • P1050086.jpg
    P1050086.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 3,158
How much is your blue T and I thought you sold that one??

Still got it.:rolleyes::)
Just put in a trans with an electric transbrake and a new PTC converter. And ran a bit quicker than before. But, the converter does way more for the driveability than I expected.:D

In its current configuration with the billet 62-65DBB turbo, new trans and converter I would only be looking for about $8750. Nowhere nere the 15k mark.:eek: Oh well....

Brian

Still got it.:rolleyes::)
Just put in a trans with an electric transbrake and a new PTC converter. And ran a bit quicker than before. But, the converter does way more for the driveability than I expected.:D

In its current configuration with the billet 62-65DBB turbo, new trans and converter I would only be looking for about $8750. Nowhere nere the 15k mark.:eek: Oh well....

Brian

That one didnt have the buckets and console or did it. I know I hosted the photos for you for a while (Sorry got deleted a little while back) Looked nice
I miss my white t and I like the tyhoon the no burnout thing I dont like lol guess Im old school lol

That one didnt have the buckets and console or did it. I know I hosted the photos for you for a while (Sorry got deleted a little while back) Looked nice
I miss my white t and I like the tyhoon the no burnout thing I dont like lol guess Im old school lol

You are correct. 45/55 seats and column shifted.

Wow nothing more on this ?? Its a super nice ty I just want another T or GN
Guess I might just have to just make this thing hall AZZ!

Interested...I have a 87 turbo-t that is VERY clean!...I have 2 buicks and always wanted a typhoon...the short block is stock, maxported irons, ported intake, 212/218 cam, t&d roller rockers, 50lb inj., ported stock headers, te45a turbo(66mm), ATR downpipe w/ external wastegate, ATR dual 3 inch exhaust, custom stock streched intercooler, Tial BOV, Alkycontrol dual jet system, accufab FPR, mildly built 200 trans that just got freshened(600hp build), new Aluminum radiator with external oil and trans coolers......car has 17/18 Boyd Coddington wheels..17x8 front, 18x9.5 rear, new tires....GNX body kit, original dark metallic blue paint that is NEW this year!...interior is VERY clean...has custom console and dash overlays, lowered with hotchkis springs, Metco upper and lower arms...A/C compressor ans lines are NEW!...

can the A/C be put back in the typhoon?...how many miles on engine?..who built it?...just give me a call too many damn questions...904-219-9569 ANDY
THANKS!

Attachments

• blue turbo t 071.jpg
    blue turbo t 071.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,785
  • blue turbo t 070.jpg
    blue turbo t 070.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,782
  • blue turbo t 072.jpg
    blue turbo t 072.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,764
  • blue turbo t 074.jpg
    blue turbo t 074.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,762
  • blue turbo t 073.jpg
    blue turbo t 073.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,803
those pics look like crap, i dont know why they are so blurry...ill retake.
Here are more engine pics...shortblock has 114,000, heads, high volume front cover, double roller timing chain, cam/lifters, roller rockers, etc,..new this year....car is very fast!!..probably low 10's...my other buick is a stroker with 74mm turbo so I know speed very well....I have it at 27lbs. of boost now with more to go!....ohh lock-up PTC 3400 stall....

Attachments

• blue turbo t 046.jpg
    blue turbo t 046.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 2,799
  • blue turbo t 047.jpg
    blue turbo t 047.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,738
  • blue turbo t 075.jpg
    blue turbo t 075.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,742
can the A/C be put back in the typhoon?...how many miles on engine?..who built it?...just give me a call too many damn questions...904-219-9569 ANDY
THANKS!

Engine was done by Matevante Machine in Wi I called them and they told me all about the build on the engine. I pulled the pan to inspect it and every thing is as they said.
The engine was redone with the previous owner also. The Engine has about 10,000 total miles on it, if that, going by the paper work he gave me.
A/c could be put back in it but I dont have the parts for it. They would have to be purchased and installed. The A/C delete was done just like a factory truck without a/c you cant even tell it ever had it :)

I have an alky kit for it now and will be installing it soon :) this should be a mid to low 10's tyhoon once completely tuned in. I have it running well on Just 110 pump race gas as it is. Data master is now estimating 489 HP And I see 600 as a good # on ALky and Pump 93 or race gas and and alky.

I like your T-type but Im not crazy about the GNX Flares or the wheel and tire combo. Im more a slicks and Skinny's kind a guy lol
Any inside shots?? Looks nice Im thinking about it where are you located???

I am located in Jacksonville, FL....the car was painted with everything off the car so the fender flares can be taken off if desired...the wheels i am sure can be traded for some weld drags as they were $600 each for the rears and $500 for the fronts....I have to have a/c in a car that I would trade for my buick because of the damn heat here in florida....even my mid 9 sec buick has a/c..I built my blue buick as a reliable everyday driver if needed, that is fast as possible....it runs tops 175 degrees with a/c on in summer and leaks no air from the window seals on the highway....very clean car...pictures do not show justice!....i was just offered 13,000 for it and didnt take it...if i would sell it, I would have to get 15,000 or trade for a typhoon of equal value....it rained today so I couldnt wash it and take new pics...I will be taking it to Turkey Rod Run this weekend in Daytona....if you know anybody going they will see me and they can vouch for the car.....but its ok if your not that interested in it...I love the car, i spent along time building it to my taste....I will let you know when i have more pictures....thanks ANDY

I am located in Jacksonville, FL....the car was painted with everything off the car so the fender flares can be taken off if desired...the wheels i am sure can be traded for some weld drags as they were $600 each for the rears and $500 for the fronts....I have to have a/c in a car that I would trade for my buick because of the damn heat here in florida....even my mid 9 sec buick has a/c..I built my blue buick as a reliable everyday driver if needed, that is fast as possible....it runs tops 175 degrees with a/c on in summer and leaks no air from the window seals on the highway....very clean car...pictures do not show justice!....i was just offered 13,000 for it and didnt take it...if i would sell it, I would have to get 15,000 or trade for a typhoon of equal value....it rained today so I couldnt wash it and take new pics...I will be taking it to Turkey Rod Run this weekend in Daytona....if you know anybody going they will see me and they can vouch for the car.....but its ok if your not that interested in it...I love the car, i spent along time building it to my taste....I will let you know when i have more pictures....thanks ANDY

I'll vouch for the car..It is a very clean and fast street car. Andy is a good guy with some very nice cars.

No I really like the car! Dont get me wrong on that its very clean even in the fuzzy photos it looks really nice. We are in crapy Mi so the Ty is put up for winter now. I can try to get some better photos if and when we get a nice day its Raining now and supposed to snow tomorrow and Friday :( I hate Mi. lol. I Dont know anyone going to the turky rod run :( Wish I could be there instead of here but Family keeps me in Michigan.
How would we work a trade ?? Your really far away and I have no trailer at this time I sold it to buy a plow truck :( But I could drive it there :) thing is dead reliable

I did some research on your typhoon and saw all the pictures on syty website, the guy did a great job on the truck!!....i see you have only had it for a month or so, just wondering why you want to get rid of it so soon?....you said your putting alky on it?...thats good because I hate race gas!...too expensive....I guess it does have a lock-up converter....If the trade was going to happen, I was thinking to meet half way...I have a dually and a 22ft enclosed trailer....we could meet and test drive and then exchange...the buick will drive anywere with no issues....the front bumper is also a rare kennybell fiberglass bumper and the back is steel with shaved holes....the car was rust free, stock and straight when i got it....i have more questions for you, give me a call so we can talk about this.904-219-9569

more pics, car is dirty!

Attachments

• blue turbo t 001.jpg
    blue turbo t 001.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2,585
  • blue turbo t 002.jpg
    blue turbo t 002.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,590
  • blue turbo t 003.jpg
    blue turbo t 003.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,600
  • blue turbo t 004.jpg
    blue turbo t 004.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,578
  • blue turbo t 005.jpg
    blue turbo t 005.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,604
I did some research on your typhoon and saw all the pictures on syty website, the guy did a great job on the truck!!....i see you have only had it for a month or so, just wondering why you want to get rid of it so soon?....you said your putting alky on it?...thats good because I hate race gas!...too expensive....I guess it does have a lock-up converter....If the trade was going to happen, I was thinking to meet half way...I have a dually and a 22ft enclosed trailer....we could meet and test drive and then exchange...the buick will drive anywere with no issues....the front bumper is also a rare kennybell fiberglass bumper and the back is steel with shaved holes....the car was rust free, stock and straight when i got it....i have more questions for you, give me a call so we can talk about this.904-219-9569

more pics, car is dirty!

GReat photos :)
I thought I wanted a Typhoon and I sold off one of my T-types a while back then got a really nice 540 bbc Chevelle and and hated putting gas in it lol so I sold that and was looking for T-type or a Typhoon the wife found the Ty on ebay and then purchased it without me knowing about. So we went and got it drove it home and after having for a while and fixing a few very small issues (Like the bad 50lbs inj and crappy chip they had in it nothing major) I just decided Id rather have another T-type and not the Ty. Thats the only reason I put it up for trade. Just to see what happened or if anyone wanted to trade. Its cool truck but I guess Im just not a truck person lol. I love my T and let the wife talk me into selling it to buy my buddy's Chevelle and have regretted it ever since I did. Thats the only reason Its up for trade not 1 thing wrong with it. I had it out 2 days ago when it was nice and it drives really nice its fast and fun, But I miss doing burnouts lol. Its a great truck and if I dont get a trade Ill keep it :)

Ill call when I have some time I dont today I have to get all the orders out to the post office and i have a meeting with a customer at 4pm so Im booked up today :( Oh and tomorrow as its Turkey day and I have the whole family coming over in the a.m. Hows Friday for you ??