You can type here any text you want

Buy one get one free!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kh440

Jo Bu needs a refill!
Facing some potentially outrageous medical bills so once again these cars need to go. Both the 86 T-Type with a worn thrust main and the 87 Limited with the blown head gasket for 11k. (for BOTH cars). This is the 86 while it was being painted, yes it is an original WH1. the painter mixed the grey a little too light and missed the break lines a bit, but still looks good. Will post some Limited pictures when I'm back up and running.

Attachments

• paint7.jpg
    paint7.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,335
  • paint9.jpg
    paint9.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,332
More info on the cars please.Is the wh1 put back together?How many miles on both cars.Any mds done to any of them?Thanks Mike

both cars are pretty much stock: wh1 has a translator and a crappy flowmaster exhaust system (have a 2 1/2" stainless dual kit that will go with it) turbotweak chip, 16" IROC wheels with brand new Yokohama tires,vac brake conversion and that is pretty much it. The Limited has 3" dp, Houston 2 1/2 exhaust, 4 new KYB shocks and also 4 new Yokohama's on the stock rims. Have replaced the t-top weatherstripping on the wh1, need to on the limited.

Pics please! Is either car driveable? Trying to figure out how to get 2 cars home ;) !

the wh1 is drivable, but the oil pressure goes away after it gets up to temperature, might get away with filling with 50 wt racing oil and hi-tach. The limited would have to be hauled, I would not trust it all the way from NC to MO. However I do have a friend that might be willing to help transport. I'll see how quickly I can get some updated pics, depends on when I have to go for more tests.

managed to get a couple of pictures in between blood tests...here's the limited. I do have two new front GM fillers painted and ready to install, just haven't done it yet...

Attachments

• limited-side.jpg
    limited-side.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,016
  • limited-rtear.jpg
    limited-rtear.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,007
and the WH1....

Attachments

• 86side.jpg
    86side.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 999
  • wh1now.jpg
    wh1now.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 996
Can you post the RPO sticker for that Limited please?. It's not really what I am looking for, but there is something about it that interests me. I wouldn't mind helping out a TB brother if the car is anywhere near promising. You can PM me if you like. Thanks.

I'll try to get the RPO label this weekend, or sooner depending when I have my appointment at the Lineberger Centre in Chapel Hill, although I do have a tentative deal on the Limited now. So, if this comes together like I think/hope it will the WH1 by itself is 9k.

As always, I would offer discounted towing on anything that belongs to Kevin. I went with Kevin to buy the WH-1 and watched him count out $8500. Then I towed the car to Greensboro where it got bead blasted. After that, Performance Chevrolet painted the car to the tune of $6000. Whoever gets this car will be stealing it. If I wasn't involved with the buildup of my own car, I would be all over this car.

As always, I would offer discounted towing on anything that belongs to Kevin. I went with Kevin to buy the WH-1 and watched him count out $8500. Then I towed the car to Greensboro where it got bead blasted. After that, Performance Chevrolet painted the car to the tune of $6000. Whoever gets this car will be stealing it. If I wasn't involved with the buildup of my own car, I would be all over this car.

Since it's you and only you I might try to work something out with yuze. We'll talk this weekend. Would like to keep thsi sucker but if my "worse case scenario" comes true I will be up a creek (to put it mildly)

The $6000 is a little high, but by the time you add up the paint job, the GM weatherstrips and window seals,carpet,headliner, emblems,wheels, tires, blah blah blah I do have a small fortune.

It is now official: the Limited is going to a new home....

Sharif: how you feel about going to Nashville to drop the car, pick up a check..AND a GS convertible??? (told you guys it was an offer I couldn't refuse.....)

Congrats on the sale Kevin. I'd still love to see that RPO sticker before you send it down the road if you get a chance. Thanks.

Congrats on the sale Kevin. I'd still love to see that RPO sticker before you send it down the road if you get a chance. Thanks.

I will be going down to Pinehurst this weekend so that should not be a problem....:cool:

managed to get a couple of pictures in between blood tests...here's the limited. I do have two new front GM fillers painted and ready to install, just haven't done it yet...

Hey, that Limited looks an awful lot like mine, I know that it's sold but could you tell me what options are on the car.:biggrin:

It is now official: the Limited is going to a new home....

Sharif: how you feel about going to Nashville to drop the car, pick up a check..AND a GS convertible??? (told you guys it was an offer I couldn't refuse.....)

No problem, let me know.

Back