You can type here any text you want

Buy one get one free!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
"blaze" I owned the Limited for 15 years if you (or the new owner) wants to know more about it.

Hey Mike. If you have an picture of the RPO sticker for that car, it would be much appreciated if you could fire it my way. I could use it for a Limited Registry I've got brewing. Thanks.

Kevin if you still have a chance to get it or could forward me the new owner's contact info that would work too. Thanks.

rained like you know what all weekend, I'll try again to get the RPO shot this weekend.

No idea on the headgasket kh440 since the car hadn't moved out of the garage in 15 years! It did run fine the last time it was driven though & it also went 12.60 at the Rock with an RA 93 chip, VP116, open exhaust, & "hard as woodpecker lip" M&H's. Did you not run the car before you installed the 3" THDP, the Houston 2.5" exhaust the new shocks, & the new tires? Good luck with your illness.

myv6gn8u the Limited has ttops.

ALBERTAN I don't have any pics of the RPO sticker unfortunately. I can tell you the car was ordered by a GM Service Dept. rep. originally with just about every option you could get back in '87. It didn't have the block heater & twilight sentinel options though. It did come with a posi rear w/aluminum drums (odd for sure) & aluminum bumper supports (strange also) power windows & locks, opera lights, digital dash, cornering lamps, CSII, 40/40 leather bench seat w/mini console, wide chrome strips on the door bottoms, bodyside molding, half vinyl top, & all the other normal top-of-the line turbo regal options. It supposedly was (is?) the highest option, highest priced TR (besides an X) ever built as per the GSCA. I sent in a copy of the window sticker to them back in '91 or so and no one ever seemed to have a GN, T, TType, or Limited that topped it. It was a great car for me for many, many years (even if it did collect dust in the garage for 15 years!) & it always turned heads wherever it went. I got several speeding & reckless driving tickets in it too :eek: Hope this helps you somewhat.

"blaze" I owned the Limited for 15 years if you (or the new owner) wants to know more about it.

That's great, I'd like to know what the options are on the car. Just want to compare notes & see How many options they had in common. From the pics posted I can see the Landau top, opera & corner lights, & the chrome. I also think it's the same color. TIA

No idea on the headgasket kh440 since the car hadn't moved out of the garage in 15 years! It did run fine the last time it was driven though & it also went 12.60 at the Rock with an RA 93 chip, VP116, open exhaust, & "hard as woodpecker lip" M&H's. Did you not run the car before you installed the 3" THDP, the Houston 2.5" exhaust the new shocks, & the new tires? Good luck with your illness.

myv6gn8u the Limited has ttops.

ALBERTAN I don't have any pics of the RPO sticker unfortunately. I can tell you the car was ordered by a GM Service Dept. rep. originally with just about every option you could get back in '87. It didn't have the block heater & twilight sentinel options though. It did come with a posi rear w/aluminum drums (odd for sure) & aluminum bumper supports (strange also) power windows & locks, opera lights, digital dash, cornering lamps, CSII, 40/40 leather bench seat w/mini console, wide chrome strips on the door bottoms, bodyside molding, half vinyl top, & all the other normal top-of-the line turbo regal options. It supposedly was (is?) the highest option, highest priced TR (besides an X) ever built as per the GSCA. I sent in a copy of the window sticker to them back in '91 or so and no one ever seemed to have a GN, T, TType, or Limited that topped it. It was a great car for me for many, many years (even if it did collect dust in the garage for 15 years!) & it always turned heads wherever it went. I got several speeding & reckless driving tickets in it too :eek: Hope this helps you somewhat.

Must have been typing at the same time. LOL thanks for the info

No we didn't, as I was under the impression that there were no "hidden problems" with the car. Pretty much water over the dam at this point anyway.

The Limited is going to a new home in 2 weeks, as it sits right now the WH1 is 9k. If I drop another running engine in it, 10, with the numbers matching block included.

Alright Kevin. Now I really need to see that RPO sticker. :biggrin:

I was sent some info yesterday on a W02 (of all cars) Limited with 94 codes on the RPO sticker. There are still some very nice Limiteds out there, contrary to popular opinion on this board. ;)

the wh1 is drivable, but the oil pressure goes away after it gets up to temperature, might get away with filling with 50 wt racing oil and hi-tach. The limited would have to be hauled, I would not trust it all the way from NC to MO. However I do have a friend that might be willing to help transport. I'll see how quickly I can get some updated pics, depends on when I have to go for more tests.

More Importantly best of luck with your health!

More Importantly best of luck with your health!

Thanks I appreciate that. Today was kind of step backwards: in a lot of pain and very nauseated since last night. I'll know more Monday; Oncology appointment at 7:00 a.m......

Thanks I appreciate that. Today was kind of step backwards: in a lot of pain and very nauseated since last night. I'll know more Monday; Oncology appointment at 7:00 a.m......

GodSpeed my friend. My wife has an Uncle (late 40's early 50's) in Omaha Nebraska going through Oncology tests as we speak....................

Keep us in the loup so we can pray for you!

Ty

Should have some interior and RPO label pics this weekend, weather is supposed to finally cooperate. Have not heard anything else from the guy that was wanting to trade the limited for the GS convert, so that one may not be off the market yet. Would still rather dump both of 'em at once just to be done with it, but anything reasonable considered.

GodSpeed my friend. My wife has an Uncle (late 40's early 50's) in Omaha Nebraska going through Oncology tests as we speak....................

Keep us in the loup so we can pray for you!

Ty

I appreciate that, days are kind of up or down for me lately. Worst part about all of this is having to face it alone.

Should have some interior and RPO label pics this weekend, weather is supposed to finally cooperate. Have not heard anything else from the guy that was wanting to trade the limited for the GS convert, so that one may not be off the market yet. Would still rather dump both of 'em at once just to be done with it, but anything reasonable considered.

Much appreciated Kevin, and again I hope as others have said that everything works out well for you medically.

Back