You can type here any text you want

C.A.T main girdle?? any one tried one b4

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo96max

Guys,

Im looking into starting to piece together some parts for a shortblock build.

Has anyone used of heard of someone using C.A.T (not scat) main cap girdle?

C.A.T.

they are under 200 bucks with studs " C.A.T. billet steel main girdles are machined from 1045 medium carbon billet steel. Surfaces are finished on CNC machines for accuracy and are zinc anodized for rust resistance. The billet steel main caps girdles will reduce the risk of main caps walking and also aviod fialure of main boltss. The billet main caps girdles will absorb the impact force from cylinder explosion and evenly distribute it throughtout the block to minimize any hord spot. Package includes 5140 high strength studs and washers and are recommended for racing application"

thanks

I bought one for my 3.8 built. It was flat and true to the block. However, the bolt holes for the oil pan was off on 3 holes. Just a touch with a die grinder fixed that. The worst part was the crank made contact with the girdle. With no bridgeport, a die grinder and file make for a long day. If you have the machine shop do the work you would save money going with a better girdle.

I built my engine up with one, I even used the included hardware.
I chamfered the pan rail edges that face upward to aid in oil drainback and only really had to do a few small touch ups here and there.
A carbide cutter makes quick work of the metal. It can be messy though.

with only 1 quarter mile pass on the car I have run a 1.54 60', 7.0@95 1/8th, 11.2@118 with an unlocked art carr torque converter with 55% slippage :eek:

and after a multitude of wot street blasts everything is holding up fine.

I built my engine up with one, I even used the included hardware.
I chamfered the pan rail edges that face upward to aid in oil drainback and only really had to do a few small touch ups here and there.
A carbide cutter makes quick work of the metal. It can be messy though.

with only 1 quarter mile pass on the car I have run a 1.54 60', 7.0@95 1/8th, 11.2@118 with an unlocked art carr torque converter with 55% slippage :eek:

and after a multitude of wot street blasts everything is holding up fine.

thanks for the feedback guys, according to their website they are still available so i think im sold. only bc the rjc is so much more money.

can i ask what the machine shop charged to machine the block for the girdle?

becareful im thinkin they filed bankruptcy. i wouldnt be ready to hand out any money tll you know your gettin the part quick. mike used to sell there stuff and he already told ya its not avaliable so i would trust him. good luck if you do order it

I went with the RJC Girdle and couldn't have been happier with it. They are more money, but well worth it.

Back