Cali Cop Gets Off W/ Hung Jury

Originally posted by Vader 87
Hmmm...Everybody gets a vote right? Whether you have a job or no job, black, white, purple...doesnt matter...on welfare or a millionaire...everyone gets a vote. Politicians listen to the vote and polls....what do the polls say? They say: "hey Mr. Congressman, give me something for free...i want a handout!!!" What does the congressman do....he gives them something for free of course so he can get re-elected. Where does he get the money from? He gets it from the achievers of society through taxation....What does the achiever do? He gets upset and ask himself...why am i working so hard? I think i'll just be bum like everybody else and get free stuff too! Now the bums and underachievers are now outnumbering those who want to work and achieve. Uh oh...what happens when the underachievers are now outnumbering those who achieve and keep wanting more free rides? Simple answer.....economic disaster! Its coming!!! How do you stop it? Well thats easy....change the laws.
What laws? The voting laws....change it where the law states:
The only persons allowed to vote are those who own property...property can be anything from real estate or a service that you offer to someone (for those of who dont understand, that service would be WORK!) In other words...you get to vote if you have a job! Get it?....man its hard being a genius :D

Sorry, we don't live in a Democracy, we live in a Constitutional Republic. Politicians are not, never were, and never will be obligated to listen to what the polls or people are saying. They are their own people. Congressmen who do listen to polls have no backbone and shouldn't be in elective office.

As for the second part of your post (requiring people who vote to have a job), it sounds like a good idea, but would require a Constitutional Amendment to pass, and the liberals would never go for it, because the poor vote Democratic. If you wanna discuss politics further, come to my forum in my sig. :)

When your arguement starts lacking logic, start calling names? hummmmm,, not a sound debating tool. Anarchy is abounding and all we can do is slam those in charge of trying to maintain any symblence of order. PCS, call your local PD and arrange a ride along. They will give you one. You need to see what these guys go thru every day and then tell me this punk a$$ puke had anything other than a slam coming his way. I pray, the next time you need a cop that you remember these guys put it on the line on every call. What should be a simple call can turn into death real quick. They aren't dealing with normal people. They have to deal with people that feel the law doesn't apply to them or they simply have no respect for it, such as this punk that got what he deserved. You should go out and see what it takes to keep things safe for you and your family, maybe you would have a better understanding. No one in this situation got what they deserved. The perp hit the lotto, the peace keeper looses a job and profession. Sounds out of whack to me and anyone I know with a sound mind. That is the definition of anarchy. By the way, under anarchy, I could come and take all your belongings, and you would have no recourse. Imagine that? Sucks huh?

Originally posted by TurboTer
Sorry, we don't live in a Democracy, we live in a Constitutional Republic. Politicians are not, never were, and never will be obligated to listen to what the polls or people are saying. They are their own people. Congressmen who do listen to polls have no backbone and shouldn't be in elective office.

As for the second part of your post (requiring people who vote to have a job), it sounds like a good idea, but would require a Constitutional Amendment to pass, and the liberals would never go for it, because the poor vote Democratic. If you wanna discuss politics further, come to my forum in my sig. :)

Unfortunately the Democrats listen to polls and are swayed whatever way the poll tells them to go and youre right they shouldnt be in office.
BTW, not all poor vote democrat....you'd be surprised....some of them are ambitious and actually want to get to that upper class status instead of being a societal leech for the rest of their lives.

Turboter,

Slanted liberal video... If that's all you could pick up from that video... :(. Did you see the arrest? Can you point out to me exactly where he resisted arrest between being picked up and being slammed on the car. You might not like the music that goes along with it and you might not like how they use it, but if you think that has any effect on what happend I wouldn't know where to begin with you.

If you had viewed that scene objectively none of that would have had any effect on you anyhow.

2quicktocare,

I assume you were referring to me when you mentioned the lack of logic and name calling. Show me exactly where I lack logic and exactly where I called anyone here names?

Anarchy abound? Where? Explain this.

Explain why this kid is a punk, i.e. what he did, be specific, to earn this title and this abuse? Don't give me the "he resisted arrest" line, I wan't to know all the really bad stuff about him.

Show me exactly where, between the time he was picked up and the time he was slammed on the car, that he resisted arrest. Explain to me how this force was necessary.

Have you ever been on a ride along? Do you have any idea what cops go through every day? Do you have any idea what it takes to keep the peace? No. You don't, I don't, and no one but a cop would. I can tell you that a weeks worth of ride alongs wouldn't even begin to tell the story or enlighten anyone.

I guess you didn't take the time to read my first post. Here it is again(part of it, you should go back and read all of it):

I have mucho experience with cops on both sides of the fence. On one side as a "criminal" as most of you would call me if I told you some of the stuff I pulled, and on the other side as a former EMT.

Fortunately, many of the cops I dealt with in my youth were intelligent enough to realize I was not a "criminal", just misguided. During this time I directly witnessed several situations in which the "criminal" put up much more of a fight than the guy in that video did and was restrained with much less use of violent force. The cops in these situations were professionals and handled themselves as all officers should.

Unfortunately, most of the cops I worked with during my short time as an EMT were not intelligent. During this time I witnessed one situation in which the "criminal" had his ass kicked for next to nothing and two other very disturbing situations which I will not go into. I quit because I could not stand dealing with these types of cops....

I have ten times the experience with cops anyone in this thread has except for the officers themselves. I have seen some of the most unbelievable sympathy and heroism you could imagine, and I have seen some backhanded BS that you couldn't.

Time to open your eyes. Lots of cops are saint's, lot's aren't. They are people and are capable of doing good just as they are capable of doing bad. Many of them are just as bad as the criminals you are so quick to condemn. This guy is a bad one.

There is no debating that this cop was way out of line. If you feel otherwise you are wrong and there is no debating that either.

Chris S

Speaking of BS!!

PCS74.... You hit it right on the head when you claimed to be "misguided".. BTW, did you see the 2nd vid?? The one from the gas station camera??

Too bad we don't have BS flags here!!!!:p

Chuck,

Show me where in that video he resisted between being cuffed and being slammed against the car.

Point me a link to the other video

BTW... They aren't retrying him to prevent rioting. You guys and your conspiracy theories.

Chris S

pcs74

it is proven over and over that video clips never tell the complete story about what has transpired and what is really happening at the incident-- just one of many was on local tv in my town awhile back- this video showed that three or four police officers were trying to restrain a suspect on the front porch of a house- all of a sudden another officer came up on the porch and suddenlly started swinging down at the suspect- due to the position of the porch railing you couldnt see where the blows were landing- the evening news had a field day with the video - well what had happened was the suspect was in the process of bitting the one officers finger off- fortunately ,this officer that came up was not afraid of what it would look like- he used his club to inflict pain which made the suspect release the officers finger- the officer had to under go surgery to re attach first joint of his finger -this officer still went through hell for awhile because of the media and black activist propaganda

pcs, even though you were emt how many times did you really arrive at the start of an incident and not when it was over- you didnt even have a video to watch after you got there---yet you give this base as your experience in judging the police officers

when i watched both videos it was very apparent the suspect was resisting from the very start of his contact with the offciers- if he would have just followed their orders when he was approached he would have been fine

Originally posted by PCS74
Yea,

The cop was really defending himself:rolleyes:. If you look close you can see how hard he resisted just before he was slammed on the cruiser...whatever. That cop deserves everything he gets.

You people supporting this fool are blind.

Chris S

BULL$HIT FLAG WAVING HIGH ON THAT ONE!!!!

LOL!!! What a load of $HIT!!!

GENTLEMEN!

Everyone and their mother can sit here and Monday morning quarterback what happened. NONE of us will ever know the truth about it. All we can do is speculate. The only two people that know the truth are the cop and the suspect...and they might not even know either. You forget and imagine stuff more easily than you realize and believe it as fact. He might have grabbed his nuts and forgot and now doesn't think he did. The cop might not have had his nuts grabbed but thinks he did. It's a MOOT POINT TO ARGUE.

Can we let this ridiculous thread end already? It started off alright but in typical message board fashion has spun out of control like an Iraqi fighter jet.:rolleyes:

Yeah, you get a job as a cop, wanting to make things better, and you find out.....hey, if I want to keep my job, there's things I just can't do. If I'm in a high crime area, I must look straight ahead and not make eye contact with any of the residents. This way, I can not be sued and also keep my job. So then, out of frustration and the local government's need for revenue, law enforcement becomes leaning on law abiding citizens..........No danger there. No suits, keep my job, and probably get honored at the policeman' ball. I think pcs and a lot of others, like that situation better. I don't like it but unfortunately, that's what it's come to. :(

You hit it right Chuck. The gas station video shows that the perp did grab the cops sack. As far as more experience with cops, maybe you do PCS, but I have lived around many and I can tell you that the number of bad is a fraction of a percent verses the good ones. As far as intelligence goes, if they were rocket scientists, they would not take the crap that cops do. Yes there are bad, but the number of punk is a far greater percent of the population. Like I said, don't believe all you see. You are just seeing a small version of the complete situation. Only what the press want you to see. When this all comes to light, anyone with an OPEN mind will see the cop responded well within reason. The mere fact they couldn't nail him in L.A. tells me he has to be innocent. The only way a cop can get a hung jury there is for him to be innocent and have at least one member of the jury a productive member of society that can see past the political crap that is in play.
PCS, try to look at it with an open mind yourself. You seem to want the cop to be guilty no matter what. When I first saw the one video, I thought, just another L.A. cop caught with his pants down. If you can, try to find a copy of the video of the gas stations surveillance camera that plainly shows the jerk did grab, and grad hard at the cop’s sack. How would you react to that? As far as conspiracy theories goes, you are the one with the theory that this cop, as all cops, are guilty. Get all the info before making a judgement.

P.s. The real reason they aren't retrying is because the L.A. D.A. knew they had no case to start with, but tried it anyway because of social and political pressure, period. That came straight from a friend of mine in the D.A.'s office.

PCS, I noticed your quote at the end of your post. I might add, yes, think for yourself, don't let the media with it's very slanted political agenda rule what you think. Go outside the box and find the truth. It will not be found in mass media in any source. Anarchy for the sake of anarchy is just malarky. You can quote me on that one. Mark

Honestly guys I don't know how to make it any clearer. The video is right there.

When he was on the ground he was subdued, at this point whatever happened before makes absolutely no difference as his resistance is effectively ended. He was picked up and slammed on the hood of the car, again he gave no resistance during this time.

In the video I posted, a little while after he is slammed on the hood of the car you can visually see the cop reach down and remove the suspects hand from his crotch then the cops hit's him. I do not debate this or the cops actions at this point, reread my first post.

2quicktocare,

I pay almost no attention to the media. I do not watch TV, I don't read the newspaper and I don't listen to news radio. I am about as anti-medi as you can get. I am not debating anything that anyone has said about this incident except that he was resisting between the time he was cuffed and slammed on the car.

True, no one can be absolutely sure of exactly what happened, but I feel the video is very clear and I am confident that my opinion is correct.

sr71,

Not all of my judgement is based on the time I spent as an EMT, much is based on my lawless youth. I am judging this from the perspective that I have seen worse situations handled much better.

Many times you arrive before PD or PD has not been notified. In these instances you can proceed with the call if you feel safe or you can ask for PD assistance and wait if you don't.

Chris S

Originally posted by turbov6joe
Being a cop of 14 years you would think my opinion would be biased towards the cop on trial; however, I think that SOB cop was as guilty as the day is long and should have the book thrown at him! Yes the kid was a dirtbag, but damn, he was already cuffed and over the car. As a cop it is understood and preached that you will have to live with a degree of verbal abuse and the ocasional reach for the groin routine most scumbags will do when in cuffs. That dude took it too far, he was a hot headed punk cop with a 5' badge on his chest. It was a cheap shot on his part and he should pay for it. He gave all the good cops out there a bad image.
Agreed. You're not going to be justified striking a handcuffed subject in the head if he's trying to grab your groin. IF that's going on then you subdue the hands or move your groin out of his reach. That can be done by many means but certainly not by whacking him in the head. Try moving back a bit, grab his hands and give a slight twist in the cuffs or take his ass to the ground.

You are right PCS, it is all right there in the videos. I suggest you watch it over and over again. Everyone I know has seen it, even my liberal friends. They all agree that the cop got the raw deal. Guess it is just how much you are willing to admit is steered by your personal bias or whatever would lead a person to be so anti police. If I needed help with anything, I would much rather call a cop than some punk, nut grabbing, anti social half wit any day.,,,,,,Mark :D

Thats what cops have to deal with on a daily basis working in a large city as opposed to Mayberry USA.There is a difference in attitude.