You can type here any text you want

cam and lifters

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chatmanboy

Guess i should start a new thread, folks stopped responding to my old one. I have a wiped cam lobe. So I need to replace it. Wondering which cam is best for me. Can't afford the roller one right now. Also is there a step by step instructions somewhere. Wanted to do this on my own, been learning a lot without taking and to a mechanic that's just gonna over charge me

Id still have it checked for any wear on the cam bearings. you dont want to install a new cam only to find out that its getting damaged because of bearing failure.

A wiped cam required a complete engine disassembly and hot tanking. While the engine is apart, you may as well change the beatings. A 204/214 or 206/206 cam works well. Either way, you will need a machine shop to do some things.
I would save up for the roller set-up and do it once.

A wiped cam required a complete engine disassembly and hot tanking. While the engine is apart, you may as well change the beatings. A 204/214 or 206/206 cam works well. Either way, you will need a machine shop to do some things.
I would save up for the roller set-up and do it once.

Good advice here. This is what I did. I put a roller 206/210 and all is good. brad

You can get a 204/214 cam with lifters for just over $100 plus shipping off evilbay, but with the cam wipped you should at least take the pan off and check the bearings as well as clean the pan out.;) If you need a link I'll post it for you.:D

Back