cam and lifters

Chatmanboy

Guess i should start a new thread, folks stopped responding to my old one. I have a wiped cam lobe. So I need to replace it. Wondering which cam is best for me. Can't afford the roller one right now. Also is there a step by step instructions somewhere. Wanted to do this on my own, been learning a lot without taking and to a mechanic that's just gonna over charge me

Id still have it checked for any wear on the cam bearings. you dont want to install a new cam only to find out that its getting damaged because of bearing failure.

A wiped cam required a complete engine disassembly and hot tanking. While the engine is apart, you may as well change the beatings. A 204/214 or 206/206 cam works well. Either way, you will need a machine shop to do some things.
I would save up for the roller set-up and do it once.

A wiped cam required a complete engine disassembly and hot tanking. While the engine is apart, you may as well change the beatings. A 204/214 or 206/206 cam works well. Either way, you will need a machine shop to do some things.
I would save up for the roller set-up and do it once.

Good advice here. This is what I did. I put a roller 206/210 and all is good. brad

You can get a 204/214 cam with lifters for just over $100 plus shipping off evilbay, but with the cam wipped you should at least take the pan off and check the bearings as well as clean the pan out.;) If you need a link I'll post it for you.:D