You can type here any text you want

cam bearing clocking question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whitehot1

I have a SG1 factory crate short block that i had the cam bearings replaced in, they used Sealed Power 1755M cam bearings and clocked the oil feed holes at the 9 and 2 o'clock positions.

The cam i have is the Comp Cams ductile hydraulic roller without the groove in the front cam journal.

With the front cover on and no lifters installed, when i prime the oil system i can see oil making it's way to the first 8 lifter bores but the last 4 lifter bores have no oil at all,is this normal?

I have primed the oil system with the lifters and pushrods installed and every part was getting oil, i could see oil dripping down every valve spring from the T & D roller rocker arms and the top of the head would fill up with oil up to the valve cover sealing rails and over flow if i didn't stop priming the engine.

Could the clocking positions of the cam bearings be a problem?

Thanks in advance :)

The lifter bores are all connected on each side. Im confused.

You have oil on every push rod,you are good. There probably is a groove behind the #1 bearing so you can clock it however you like with no issues...as long as the groove is there.

Back