You can type here any text you want

Camshaft Selection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
So I finally sold my Harley, well its being picked up tomorrow. I will have some cash to throw at the Buick.
What camshaft should I go with. Thinking either 206/206 roller or a 206-210 roller from full throttle speed.
What would be best for a street driven car that wants to see a 10.99 in the 1/4 some day?
All other mods are in sig. Please help.

I would look at an Alky Kit to run more boost rather
than swappin to another bumpstick. Unless your current one has issues.
Better bang for the buck.

I would love to sell you a cam kit, the truth of the matter is that unles you are going to fully port the heads or there is something wrong with the cam in there now it is just not worth the investment. There is other stuff you can spend some money on that will do much more. If you are doing it to avoid a flat cam failure I understand lots of guys do that but don't expect any huge gains. The 206/210 will work very well for you
Mike

Thanks for the advise but yes I have lifter that is bleeding down and causing issues with oil supply to one of the valves. Clickety clickety with a tooluping (spelling) valve becaus of it.

stay small unless you have much better heads and plan on turning the motor up higher.

206 roller is a good choice for a relatively stock longblock.

My heads were ported by kene bell when they were still supporting buicks. My biggest concern is getting a cam that supports my turbo PT 51 and supports my stall 2800

Guys, Is it possible to replace one lifter on a cam that has already been broken in? I guess since since the cam is already "seasoned" to the current lifter, If I replace just the bad lifter will I wipe the lobe?

Roller yes, flat tappet not unless you took the cam out, reground it and rehardened it and replaces all the lifters.

Back