You can type here any text you want

Can a FAST XFI activate a shift light?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I was told in another thread that it is possible to activate a shift light with a FAST XFI, without having to use a module and some plug-in "pills"...:confused:
Does someone know if this is true, and if yes, then how to program the FAST to activate it?

Thanks,

Claude. :smile:

Claude, if you read the instructions there is a RPM based aux output that will ground a relay and light a shift light. :cool:

Get a wire into pin "B1" and wire it to one side of your shift light,and wire hte other side to key on power.
Go into your XFI and set the AUX output 1 to the RPM you wish it to light at.
If you don't have a spare XFI pin PM your address and i will shoot you out
a pin with a few feet of wire on it.

Claude, if you read the instructions there is a RPM based aux output that will ground a relay and light a shift light. :cool:
To light a light you will not need a relay
To trigger something like a fuel pump, you would.

and
Otto J said:
Get a wire into pin "B1" and wire it to one side of your shift light,and wire hte other side to key on power.
Go into your XFI and set the AUX output 1 to the RPM you wish it to light at.
If you don't have a spare XFI pin PM your address and i will shoot you out
a pin with a few feet of wire on it.

Thank you Ted and Otto for your replies. However, tuning with the XFI is rather new to me so I'm not familiar with all it can do...:redface: I did read the instructions, but it seemed a little too "technical" to me and did not find how to do it...I guess I'll have to re-read again!...Anyways, I have the whole winter time ahead of me for that! :biggrin:

Thanks!

Claude. :smile:

P.S: Otto, that "B1" pin...are you referring to the pins in the ALDL connector under the dash?

claude, i believe he's talking about the b1 pin in the xfi harness..or the xfi unit itself.....you'd need a pin to plug into the empty slot in the harness connector @ the b1 pin of the xfi.....joel

Well, I found my answer by reading the FAST XFI instructions. :rolleyes: In chapter 21.0 on "Aux. Outputs" it is explained how to make a shift light function, which is pretty much like Otto explained in post #3. The only thing I'm not sure about is if there already are some provisions to plug a wire into pin "B1"...:confused: Am I supposed to check for a connection into the harness or the FAST unit itself? :redface:
Other than that, it appears pretty simple.

Claude. :)

Claude, you wont find a pin in "B1" it will be on open slot.
PM me your address and I will send you out a few leads with pins on
them today.

To light a light you will not need a relay
To trigger something like a fuel pump, you would.

I wasn't sure if a regular light would pull too much power and possibly hurt the ECU. I could see the LED shift lights would not be a problem for sure.

Back