You can type here any text you want

Can anybody tell me a little about this stamp and what it means..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TNTSNBS

Demoralizer
found this on an engine block
3.8 ci buick motor, casting on block #22526109, what does having that STAR stamp mean? this is not a stage I block, nothing on it says stage, 3.8 stamp barely readable from the stamping also, not as clear as the normal buick 3.8 stamp..

Attachments

• 3.8 22526109.jpg
    3.8 22526109.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 349
Wow!!!! 60 views and no replies, comon someone out there must know what this stamp means?

Do u know what year the block is? Maybe its a test production block.or an aftermarket block. Just my 2 cents though.

do u know what year the block is? Maybe its a test production block.or an aftermarket block. Just my 2 cents though.

dont know what year the block is, but i know it is a buick 3.8 block with 22526109 casting, someone said to me the star means high nickel content, just wanted to see if anyone here agreed..

Thanks

I think my 016 Stage II has stars on it somewhere. I'd post pics but my block is far away getting built.

(in theory)
THe GNX came with stars on the blocks. hence why nobody knows. because not many people would yank a motor out of the 547 # production car

(in theory)
THe GNX came with stars on the blocks. hence why nobody knows. because not many people would yank a motor out of the 547 # production car

if the GNX came with a star on the block, then every 87 GN came with a star on the block, and every rwd vehicle that got the 231 in 87 also got the star on the block since they all came with the same block..
the '81 model year block that's in my car says "SG1" on the side, but that doesn't mean that it was cast by colonel Jack O'Neill and Teal'C at the SGC- it's just an internal code that denotes what the block is.

and this one's not a "stamp"- it's a casting mark.. probably denotes the foundry where it was made.. or maybe the shift.. or maybe the crew that made the sand molds...

My block has the same star. It's an 86 GN with vin ending in 400004. It has been rebuilt and ready for re-install after the brf is built. As I recall, Richard Clark does not recognize the star from any of the hundreds of blocks he has come across.

Carl

the star was for the FBI cars

it indicates law enforcement,
the same star is found on the twin turbo chargers, as the FBI had them too ! :eek:

I'm more inclined to think it was a foundry marking, or shift marking.

Back