Can we get a Houston Cruise Night put together?

Guys I had a blast and was able to get some help with figuring out what was wrong with my GN. Thanks both JD and John!
Hey John I sent my address to your phone just let me know what's up.
I will be in for the next cruise! just let me know when and where. Jon Hanson

Glad its running better man. Im thinking the 12th would be a good cruise day after the nifty fifties? Sound ok to anybody else?

Bring it out on the 12th. The more cars the better. :)

You might be just the person I need to speak with. It seems my trans is giving me problems only after highway cruises. I am getting a brief "shudder" when coming to a stop. I think the converter is possibly not unlocking. No problems with short drives around town. I am going play with it tomorrow and see if I can't figure it out.

If all works out, I am going for sure.

Coffee and Cars is this Saturday at Uptown Park. I am going to head over there and see what that's all about.

You might be just the person I need to speak with. It seems my trans is giving me problems only after highway cruises. I am getting a brief "shudder" when coming to a stop. I think the converter is possibly not unlocking. No problems with short drives around town. I am going play with it tomorrow and see if I can't figure it out.

If all works out, I am going for sure.

Coffee and Cars is this Saturday at Uptown Park. I am going to head over there and see what that's all about.

That is what it sounds like to me as well. Stuck TCC solenoid. Next time take it out with the electrical connector on the drivers side unplugged. This will prevent lockup. Make the same highway cruise and see what happens. Not for too long though as the tranny will run quite a bit hotter due to more rpm and a change in the cooling circuits in the trans when not locked up.

I picked up an 11" x 11" trans cooler last week and installed it last night after work. Not so much to remedy the converter problem, just for insurance against this Texas heat. I also ordered a solenoid and the Fram trans service kit a couple of days ago. I am not sure if my transmission has ever been serviced and I figured I would just replace the solenoid while I am at it. The 4th gear switch was pretty cheap so I got on of those also.

This has nothing to do with TRs, but...

I took my 2002 Tahoe to AAMCO because the A/C had not worked in over a year. The guy calls me a couple hours later and says I have "major blockage" in the system and I need a new compressor, accumulator, orifice tube, etc. along with flushing and charging the system. He says he can take care of it for $1400. I said, "No, thanks. I guess it's going to be a long hot summer."

I drove from AAMCO straight to Knapp Chevy. Knapp Chevy called and said the high-pressure switch is leaking and they could fix it for $200. :eek:

I just picked it up and it blows colder than it ever has.